Thread predictions for 2006

itburnswhenipee said:
I understand they have extra courses in sadism and impatience for dentists. Are you sure you're cut out for it? Or have you given up on the kinder-gentler Galen shtick?
I'm not too sure. It's an appealing line of work to me. There's a big problem with depression, suicide and alcoholism among dentists here, but the same can be said for Doctors too. Both professions won't face up to the fact that they have a serious problem.

Galen said:
I'm not too sure. It's an appealing line of work to me. There's a big problem with depression, suicide and alcoholism among dentists here, but the same can be said for Doctors too. Both professions won't face up to the fact that they have a serious problem.

Maybe it's because, no matter how highly trained you may be, you're still, for the most part, doing the same unsatisfying, routine, repetitive, and unrewarding tasks every day. You know... like most other people on planet Earth.

itburnswhenipee said:
Maybe it's because, no matter how highly trained you may be, you're still, for the most part, doing the same unsatisfying, routine, repetitive, and unrewarding tasks every day. You know... like most other people on planet Earth.
Yeah, I guess. But it's always what I've wanted to do, I never seen myself doing anything else, so it's best I stick at it now.

Plus, the attractiveness of a 9-5 working schedual is attractive in medicine.