thoughts?

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
I'm setting my sights on Notre Dame...I'm tired of being perceived by the public as a leprechaun with clenched fists and a green fedora.

Link to St Pete Times article

Indian mascots again under scrutiny

The symbols are unmistakable, intricately and inextricably woven into the consciousness of college football fans well beyond the Tallahassee limits.

Before each home game, Osceola, a student in traditional clothing and war paint, rides Renegade down the middle of the field and hurls a flaming spear into the ground to excite the crowd.

Welcome to Florida State.

Here come the Seminoles.

But the use of American Indian nicknames, mascots and images by universities has been seen by some as insensitive at best, racist at worst. After years of debating a complicated and emotionally-charged issue, the NCAA finally appears poised to take steps toward altering the sporting fabric.

------------

The Tribal Council of the Seminole Tribe of Florida recently for the first time adopted an official resolution supporting FSU's use of its name and symbols.

No wonder FSU is adamant that it has nothing to change regardless of what the NCAA may say or do this week.

"We're proud of the Seminoles, and we're proud to be Seminoles," football coach Bobby Bowden said. "And the Seminoles like us; that's the key to it. If they didn't want us, we'd have to do something. But they love us and we love them. They've been good to us and we've tried to honor them in everything we do and we have done that."

Football sucks.

The ACLU sucks.

Indians suck.

Seminoles suck.

People who whine about insensitivity suck.

:angst: because there is another "diversity" campaign going around my office this week.

Yeah Goddammit. Nothing says reverance like a college sports mascot. That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Bowden deserves an Oscar for that melodramatic bunch of bullshit.

Oh but back to the point of the thread, yes we live in the whiniest generation of humans ever to walk the earth. Everything makes people cry, and that makes me violent, bitter, and yet amused, all at the same time.

But Bowden is still completely full of shit. I hate people who make up garbage to sound PC, too. "We love the Seminoles, and honor them in all that we do." Fucking moron.

Sarcasmo said:
Yeah Goddammit. Nothing says reverance like a college sports mascot. That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Bowden deserves an Oscar for that melodramatic bunch of bullshit.

LOL

...Goddammit and reverence in the same breath...it's blasphemous and fucking funny. I'm inserting my Baby Jesus butt plug at the thought.

Bowden has always been good [cough] at strumming the heart strings and coming out smelling pretty decent.

Bubbles said:
...BECAUSE IT'S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR, SAID IT'S GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR
EAT SHIT AND DIE SEMEN-HOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now see? i used to like you. :mad:

gators are crocks of shit.

shawndavid said:
You probably don't even know the name of your QB, starting running back or even your coach without googling it...

:rolleyes:

Hey don't knock blind loyalty. It's what got Bush elected.

Bubbles said:
I just like my schools team.

If you don't follow your school's football team...is your fave perhaps this one?

aaaa.jpg

Nothing says team sport like a foot race.

Bubbles said:
I like Florida because I went to school in Gainsville. I don't care about their stats or that their last championship was in 1996. I just like my schools team.

:fly: I voted for Bush too.

"GO BUSH!"

(Que Bubbles puking out of the back seat of the convertable and Candy laughing her ass off.)

BTW: I like Bush too. Did you all know he is the most physically fit of any President in history???