Ontopic Thoughts on the Russian vs. Ukrainian ordeal

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,706
Seems like a very odd situation and I'm not really sure what to think of it. Honestly I'm not sure why in the heck Putin went in to take control. Seems to me like he's trying to flex against the rest of the world again.

Seems like a very odd situation and I'm not really sure what to think of it. Honestly I'm not sure why in the heck Putin went in to take control. Seems to me like he's trying to flex against the rest of the world again.

I think he's giving the finger to the EU and NATO. We don't need you and you're not going to tell us what to do type of thing.

Ukraine is a key trading partner for Russia. And Russia still considers the Ukraine their own. Lots of Russians live there.

And lets be honest, no country is going to stop him or even try even there is a full on invasion of Ukraine. It'll be a lot of condemning statements, pulling out of the G8, UN Security council votes, but nothing that will force Russia to leave.

I'll say this - listening to American politicians complain about Russia invading a country based purely on trumped-up pretext is one of the most hilarious things I have ever heard.

And lets be honest, no country is going to stop him or even try even there is a full on invasion of Ukraine. It'll be a lot of condemning statements, pulling out of the G8, UN Security council votes, but nothing that will force Russia to leave.

this

I'll say this - listening to American politicians complain about Russia invading a country based purely on trumped-up pretext is one of the most hilarious things I have ever heard.
I've been lolling a lot at all this too.

Hello Pot?
This is kettle calling...

I gotta say, American reporting is retarded about this issue. It's all opinion pieces written with the backdrop of the cold war and slippery slopes. I tried to google why Russia would invade the Ukraine and all I get from American publications are conservative opinion pieces amounting to "because the West is weak."

There's serious shit going on. And I'd like to be informed but that's just not going to happen with the way our media is working. I've been able to get a much better perspective from Aljazeera, BBC, and (gasp) TIME reports.

I think this will ultimately boil down into a division of Ukraine. The Eastern Ukrainians seem to have a legitimate fear -- that the right-wing West-Ukrainian powers will persecute them for being Russian loyalists if they come to power.