GAY Thooie

What's to prevent a company from putting "any fines resulting from HIPAA violations that are a result of using your service will be the responsibility of your company to pay" or some such in a contract?
The fact the Microsoft already has something in their terms and conditions for that.

Everything "cloud" has already been done under the guise of "HPC" or "High availability". "Cloud" is just a scam name to make people pay for things they can solve already with existing tools.

Fly knows this, but it's not a hipster enough viewpoint.

besides the fact that 'the cloud', at it's core, it really just big data's scam to mine and scrape even more data from the public to turn into marketing sheets...

By using the cloud, you basically agree to let them use your data in ways you would shudder if you actually read the fine print.

besides the fact that 'the cloud', at it's core, it really just big data's scam to mine and scrape even more data from the public to turn into marketing sheets...

By using the cloud, you basically agree to let them use your data in ways you would shudder if you actually read the fine print.
Which is exactly why I said that some companies prefer to keep their intellectual property, and therefore won't use "cloud" email providers, back on page 2.

Actually you don't, which is why tons of HUGE companies have already migrated to things like Office 365, Amazon, and VMware. But I fully expect you to continue to be a luddite about it. :p

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
"The cloud" is a tool with a lot of uses... but "pick the right tool for the job" still applies. There's plenty of situations where running something on a physical box in your own server room makes a lot more sense.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
"The cloud" is a tool with a lot of uses... but "pick the right tool for the job" still applies. There's plenty of situations where running something on a physical box in your own server room makes a lot more sense.
True, but email ain't one of em.