This sounds like a fatality...

he froze before he fell apart so at least he didnt die a piece at a time. I remember when I went skydiveing last month. it was 30 degrees 15,000 feet of the ground when it was 70 on the ground. God, I cant even imagine it in a wheel well.

Ryokurin said:
he froze before he fell apart so at least he didnt die a piece at a time. I remember when I went skydiveing last month. it was 30 degrees 15,000 feet of the ground when it was 70 on the ground. God, I cant even imagine it in a wheel well.
Flying back from England, the nifty outside temperature monitor on the tv was saying -70 degrees or so at 36,000ft

ChikkenNoodul said:
Flying back from England, the nifty outside temperature monitor on the tv was saying -70 degrees or so at 36,000ft
Did you fly BA? I love that little screen. I only ever fly BA.

Galen said:
Did you fly BA? I love that little screen. I only ever fly BA.
Virgin, I think next time I'll go BA.

We had an A340 on the way there and the seats sucked and the screen was too small, but the video games were decent. Had a 747 on the way back and the seats were much bigger, the screen was bigger, but they had shitty video games.

Heck, even Air France was better

ChikkenNoodul said:

For some reason this reminds me of that NASSA movie.

http://www.negrospaceprogram.com/

SpaceCold.jpg

ChikkenNoodul said:
Virgin, I think next time I'll go BA.

We had an A340 on the way there and the seats sucked and the screen was too small, but the video games were decent. Had a 747 on the way back and the seats were much bigger, the screen was bigger, but they had shitty video games.

Heck, even Air France was better
Eugh, Air France. They cause 80% of the hold-ups at Heathrow.
My most recent transatlantic was on a 777 from Heathrow to Toronto Pearson. The screen was big, the remote control was great and the seats had a nice leg-rest that prevented numbness. Leg-room was excellent, and I'm 6'3, if that's anything to go by. I mainly watch BBC World Service on my flights so I don't really know what else they had to offer games wise and channel wise, but I know they had a lot.

Galen said:
Eugh, Air France. They cause 80% of the hold-ups at Heathrow.
My most recent transatlantic was on a 777 from Heathrow to Toronto Pearson. The screen was big, the remote control was great and the seats had a nice leg-rest that prevented numbness. Leg-room was excellent, and I'm 6'3, if that's anything to go by. I mainly watch BBC World Service on my flights so I don't really know what else they had to offer games wise and channel wise, but I know they had a lot.
Sounds good to me, BA it is!

ChikkenNoodul said:
Sounds good to me, BA it is!
You have to remember that they are part of the One-World alliance, which meant for me, at least, that I had to share a flight which was about 70% Pakistani (they were in Canada to celebrate a holy day I believe, due to Canada being the new Mecca). Usually this wouldn't be a problem as I've sat beside many nationalitys, but my god these people were the most arrogant and downright rude I had ever encountered. For example the family in the 3 seater behind me had two kids on each of their laps who repeatedly kicked my seat for the entire 7 hour flight. When I turned around to complain I discovered he didn't understand English, nor could he fill in his immagration slip to get into the country!

ChikkenNoodul said:
What's cool is that I think it gets warmer above that. Like room temps, iirc...

Galen said:
You have to remember that they are part of the One-World alliance, which meant for me, at least, that I had to share a flight which was about 70% Pakistani (they were in Canada to celebrate a holy day I believe, due to Canada being the new Mecca). Usually this wouldn't be a problem as I've sat beside many nationalitys, but my god these people were the most arrogant and downright rude I had ever encountered. For example the family in the 3 seater behind me had two kids on each of their laps who repeatedly kicked my seat for the entire 7 hour flight. When I turned around to complain I discovered he didn't understand English, nor could he fill in his immagration slip to get into the country!
Erk, yeah that would drive me to drink (more)

Usually the worst children (parents) are French and US, don't really have many problems with Asians, Indians, and eastern Europe

ChikkenNoodul said:
Erk, yeah that would drive me to drink (more)

Usually the worst children (parents) are French and US, don't really have many problems with Asians, Indians, and eastern Europe
I do after that, it doesn't take much to be pleasent at all.

itburnswhenipee said:
Wow... are all these features available on flights within europe, or is it just the transatlantic flights that have the amenities?
Majority of the BA fleet have them on many routes throughout Europe and Asia etc.

itburnswhenipee said:
Damn. Well, you'll be shocked if you ever take a domestic flight in the US. It's practically a mule train by comparison.
haha. I enjoy flying though, so it's not all that bad. I could have brought my laptop on my last flight as BA have power jacks in the majority of the seats, but I decided against it due to the possiblility of damage etc. But that would have made the time fly by. Either that or sleep, but then I risk missing something interesting out the window. :(