GAY This S@#$ has to stop

I assumed he was younger due to being in middle school. so he was gay and stupid. boy, the deck was really stacked against him!

Also I was in high school and in middle school. I was not tripped down the stairs then books kicked around or involved in fights or kicked and punched for some reason, whether gay related or not.

I think the point you're missing is that this is a lot more common than you think. And he came out to his parents the very morning he killed himself according to another article. This information is so clusterfucked put together, I don't know what to believe anymore.

The kid was gay, according to his parents. He came out to them a year before.

Also I was in high school and in middle school. I was not tripped down the stairs then books kicked around or involved in fights or kicked and punched for some reason, whether gay related or not.

This does not necessarily have to be about gay children, but they are a part of a growing issue in schools. It is one characteristic or trait that families cannot fully understand and so children need to have some avenue of help.

I was tripped down the stairs. Once someone stepped on the back of my skirt and then pushed me down the stairs so not only did I fall, but my skirt stayed behind and then I fell down the stairs in my underwear. Once someone picked me up and threw me in a bush and then for whatever reason I got a reputation of being a 'vegisexual' That lasted for about 6 months. People teased me because I have small boobs. People teased me because I was small.

The thing is, I'm sure that everyone has somewhat similar stories. If kids want, they can find a reason to tease you. My parents put me in therapy when I showed signs of being depressed. They threw me in a mental hospital when I showed signs of being suicidal. Being teased probably didn't help but it certainly wasn't the root of the problems in my life. I'm not scarred from it either. Teasing happens. Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent though.

Not special attention, but just following the school's own mission statement would be a start.

Stop being so pollyanna. Every school probably has some BS like that.

And bullying is part of school. Fucking deal with it. It's probably the last thing left that MAY prevent America's youth from being total, total pussies.

I was tripped down the stairs. Once someone stepped on the back of my skirt and then pushed me down the stairs so not only did I fall, but my skirt stayed behind and then I fell down the stairs in my underwear. Once someone picked me up and threw me in a bush and then for whatever reason I got a reputation of being a 'vegisexual' That lasted for about 6 months. People teased me because I have small boobs. People teased me because I was small.

The thing is, I'm sure that everyone has somewhat similar stories. If kids want, they can find a reason to tease you. My parents put me in therapy when I showed signs of being depressed. They threw me in a mental hospital when I showed signs of being suicidal. Being teased probably didn't help but it certainly wasn't the root of the problems in my life. I'm not scarred from it either. Teasing happens. Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent though.

So then nothing should be done to any student getting mentally or physically assaulted? Where does the line lie for such behaviors between students? Motivating interactions between students helps the students grow. Physical assaults and mental tortures do not.

Having an educated and caring staff genuinely interested in the well being of their own students would go far in helping prevent these issues from starting. One of the areas that most educators are lacking in education is in the LGBT issues. It's just one, of course.

Bottom line people need to stop teaching kids that the world is nice and everyone gets a trophy for playing. People need to learn that it's not that way and that there indeed is a 1st place and you should not settle for less. If someone is being mean to you stand up for yourself. This has nothing to do with gay, straight, rich, poor, or anything it's just people being pussies.

Bottom line people need to stop teaching kids that the world is nice and everyone gets a trophy for playing. People need to learn that it's not that way and that there indeed is a 1st place and you should not settle for less. If someone is being mean to you stand up for yourself. This has nothing to do with gay, straight, rich, poor, or anything it's just people being pussies.

Exactly. You deal with it and move on.

So you teach your kid(s) to fight back physically when they are assaulted instead of being mature and professional when talking about the matter or issue?

If your son gets upset with someone's comments, he should be positively reinforced to seek revenge?

Because that's a positive thing?

So you teach your kid(s) to fight back physically when they are assaulted instead of being mature and professional when talking about the matter or issue?

If your son gets upset with someone's comments, he should be positively reinforced to seek revenge?

Again, stop being a pussy.

No. Our society coddles the weak too much as it is.

so if one of your kids (read: cats) is assaulted by someone (or something) else, you do not do anything but root your child/cat on to seek revenge?

Absolutely. They teach adults the same thing. If you are attacked, physical retaliation is what is taught in self defense classes. Make it so the person can't come after you when you do run away. Defend yourself. Sure if you can avoid the physical confrontation in the first place it's a good idea, but that's not always an option. STAND UP FOR YOURSELF regardless.

There is one thing to using struggles and sacrifices as learning experiences to make one stronger, but it's quite different when for reasons out of your control you are violently attacked physically or mentally to the point of suicide or surgery-required injury.

Or maybe not I guess.

I guess this kid should learn from the bullying he received.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.O._Green_School_shooting