This really needs to be sold

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Marklar
₥2,863
Just popped into my head, insurance companies need to offer a new product.

Many people with spouses/families and the resultant financial responsibilities carry life insurance just in case of their untimely death.

But what about when Mr. Fielder gets into a drunken fight at his kids hockey game, and stabs 3 people in the eye with the springloaded spike he bought from US Cav, and his wife and three kids are left with their breadwinner in jail for life?

Or when Mrs. Aberfeldy runs over a group of special needs students in a crosswalk with her 8,000lb SUV while blabbing on her cellphone to her friend Judy about how much her husband sucks in bed and applying makeup, leaving her two kids and self-employed husband to fend for themselves without her steady realtor income?

"Dumbass Insurance"

For when a family member that you depend on does something so irrevocably stupid that you're left in a serious financial debacle.

So what crazy yet psuedo-marketable ideas have popped in your head lately? :D

Crazy cool?

I think it would be awesome to make some glasses that can basically be used as a heads up display. Thing is, I think it would have to be made cheaply enough so that they could be used at a sports game to show the same kind of stuff you see on television. For example, glasses that would show the ten yard line in football. In hockey it could do that cool effect where the puck lights up. Simple stuff like that.

How this could be marketed... beats me. I don't know how much it would cost to make such a system. Maybe I should look into it.

taeric said:
Crazy cool?

I think it would be awesome to make some glasses that can basically be used as a heads up display. Thing is, I think it would have to be made cheaply enough so that they could be used at a sports game to show the same kind of stuff you see on television. For example, glasses that would show the ten yard line in football. In hockey it could do that cool effect where the puck lights up. Simple stuff like that.

How this could be marketed... beats me. I don't know how much it would cost to make such a system. Maybe I should look into it.

omnioculars

taeric said:
Crazy cool?

The kind of people willing to pay ticket and beer prices for a game on a regular basis, can afford it :p

I take it people like my idea? Think it would be worth trying to create a prototypeish thing? I can get my landlord to fund it. :)

taeric said:
I take it people like my idea? Think it would be worth trying to create a prototypeish thing? I can get my landlord to fund it. :)
Remember "the borg" at Tech? His HUD was mighty pricy. There are some things already on the market, but nothing inexpensive like what you're speaking of.

theacoustician said:
Remember "the borg" at Tech? His HUD was mighty pricy. There are some things already on the market, but nothing inexpensive like what you're speaking of.

It doesn't have to be inexpensive yet. :) Just a good enough idea that it would one day be inexpensive.

taeric said:
It doesn't have to be inexpensive yet. :) Just a good enough idea that it would one day be inexpensive.
You probably could mock up something then with off the shelf parts now. It would be bulky, but give people the idea so you can get funding to minaturize it.

The way I would see it, the stadium owners would need to help out with some generic sensors on the fields. Nothing more intrusive than the sports stations already do. The first wave of customers could be the rich people in the boxes.

How would that be easier? The largest concern as to where the lines need to be drawn is where the viewer is sitting. Having such a changing point of origin for the user would basically dictate that this would only work if you were standing in the exact correct spot.

I have a pretty good idea for a commercial website, but really need to start working on a design and figuring out how to take credit cards. Anyone here familiar with this? I'd cut you in to help. This idea is a goldmine.

I will help you with your idea if you help me with my poat.