This much fun should be illegal.

Galen

Flaccid Member
Nov 25, 2004
Ireland
Marklar
₥0
As a taxpayer, I believe it is my duty to test new things provided by the council for our use. It's not often that I do, but something like a new kiddies play park in our very own town park (about 6sq miles of parkland in the centre of my town), especially one as fun as this just begs to be tested. Myself and a friend decided to conquer this landed vessel and explore its pleasureful depths. Just look at this place.

IMG_1467%20(Custom).jpg

Any other huge kids here that see the like of the above and just have to try it all out? I wish I could go back to those indoor adventure parks again though, the ones with the plastic multi-coloured balls. alas :(

That does look like fun. They just built a great big huge playground not far from my house that I intend on taking our daughter to in the near future (with her I won't look funny playing on everything).

kiwi said:
That does look like fun. They just built a great big huge playground not far from my house that I intend on taking our daughter to in the near future (with her I won't look funny playing on everything).
That's a great idea! People were watching us today playing on absolutly everything from the climbing wall to the big swinging thing. It didn't matter though, it was way too much fun to just stop because of a few odd looks. We never climbed the crows nest though now that I think about it :p:(

I'v always had a love for swing-sets. Unfortunately, decent swing-sets are becoming a rarity in the litigation-happy-personal responsibility-shirking USofA. I hope the good swing set by my mom's house is still there. I'm gonna use it for, like, five minutes and shit....

itburnswhenipee said:
I'v always had a love for swing-sets. Unfortunately, decent swing-sets are becoming a rarity in the litigation-happy-personal responsibility-shirking USofA. I hope the good swing set by my mom's house is still there. I'm gonna use it for, like, five minutes and shit....

No kidding. Kids now a days don't even have teeter totters or merry go rounds to play on.

itburnswhenipee said:
I would most certainly recommend it. There is nothing more awesome than a swing. It's simplicity at it's finest, yet the joy that it brings is unmatchable. Who ever thought swinging back and fourth could be mind-blowing?

Galen said:
I would most certainly recommend it. There is nothing more awesome than a swing. It's simplicity at it's finest, yet the joy that it brings is unmatchable. Who ever thought swinging back and fourth could be mind-blowing?

The real payoff is when you've managed to swing yourself so far out that you experience that brief moment of freefall on each swing. This is, of course, the ideal moment to launch yourself from the swing.

Of course, it's easier when you only weigh fifty pounds (that would be four-stone and change for you Galen). When you're over 200 lbs and damn near middle aged you're liable to splinter things with those kinds of shenanigans.

itburnswhenipee said:
The real payoff is when you've managed to swing yourself so far out that you experience that brief moment of freefall on each swing. This is, of course, the ideal moment to launch yourself from the swing.

Of course, it's easier when you only weigh fifty pounds (that would be four-stone and change for you Galen). When you're over 200 lbs and damn near middle aged you're liable to splinter things with those kinds of shenanigans.
Nonsense! Don't restrict yourself because of how you've grown out. I won't have it. Sure you might look like a plank, but it's worth it! When you're 90, then shattering things will be a given, but not now big boy! now you can go for the gusto!
There were no swings in the park like the old style (we went looking, and only found squirrels) but if we had found them, I can assure you I would not have left until I had beaten the shins off myself on the woodchip-covered, concrete ground.

Galen said:
Nonsense! Don't restrict yourself because of how you've grown out. I won't have it. Sure you might look like a plank, but it's worth it! When you're 90, then shattering things will be a given, but not now big boy! now you can go for the gusto!
There were no swings in the park like the old style (we went looking, and only found squirrels) but if we had found them, I can assure you I would not have left until I had beaten the shins off myself on the woodchip-covered, concrete ground.

Maybe for you. You see, one of the worst things you can do in the US is get sick or injured. It's really a show stopper for many people.

itburnswhenipee said:
Maybe for you. You see, one of the worst things you can do in the US is get sick or injured. It's really a show stopper for many people.

we WON'T go there...my skiing injury cost me $3500 out of pocket with a "good" ppo bcbs insurance plan...bsbsbsbsbsbsbsbsbsbsbsbs...

Swinging actually makes me sick. I can ride real roller coasters over and over all day, but after one of the little carnival/state fair type rides, I'm finished. The slow back and forth or round and round really gets to me fast.

kiwi said:
Swinging actually makes me sick. I can ride real roller coasters over and over all day, but after one of the little carnival/state fair type rides, I'm finished. The slow back and forth or round and round really gets to me fast.

What, even the lean back/ kick your legs out/ I'm 5 years old and this is about the most kicks I can get untill someone feeds me candy kind of swings?

itburnswhenipee said:
What, even the lean back/ kick your legs out/ I'm 5 years old and this is about the most kicks I can get untill someone feeds me candy kind of swings?

Unfortunately, yea, after about 5-10 min I'm done and need to go lay down and breath fresh air for a little while.

kiwi said:
I'm fine with the round and round, but straight swinging makes me wanna puke.

itburnswhenipee said:
Yarg... How do you drive to work everyday?

Well, I don't. :D I'm a stay at home mom and do my photography out of my home. I do okay on car rides as long as I'm looking out the window, I can't read or watch movies or anything like that.