This movie will suck, in exactly the same way that the books don't.

I will wait and see. Some people say that it sucks. Bad. And others say that it was faithful.

There was some people that didn't like Lord of the Rings. so there you go.

Ryokurin said:
I will wait and see. Some people say that it sucks. Bad. And others say that it was faithful.

There was some people that didn't like Lord of the Rings. so there you go.
Well, LOTR did have quite a number of innacuracies. The fact that it's been so long since I read the books to remember most of 'em myself, and that the cinematography was gorgeous, and that the majority of the actors picked rocked, etc. redeem it totally

ChikkenNoodul said:
Well, LOTR did have quite a number of innacuracies. The fact that it's been so long since I read the books to remember most of 'em myself, and that the cinematography was gorgeous, and that the majority of the actors picked rocked, etc. redeem it totally
Most of those, however, were because you simply can't film everything in the book. Some of them they put back in for the extended edition. It was said though that if the movies followed the books exactly, it would be about 100 hours from start to finish.

Drool-Boy said:
http://planetmagrathea.com/notinthefilm.html

You have GOT to be fucking kidding
That list is stuff they left out of the movie
They left out the guide entry about earth?
I can understand leaving some stuff out, but a lot of whats on that list are keypoints in the fucking story ffs
Not in the film :
The Guide entry on towels

WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF

SpangeMonkee said:
I really liked the BBC mini-series.

I did too, actually.

The best way to have made this movie would have been to split it into at least two, probably 3 films. It may not have the popularity to make that a wise choice in money-hungry Hollywood, but I mean, look at the result of not having done so. Shit on a screen.

Sarcasmo said:
I did too, actually.

The best way to have made this movie would have been to split it into at least two, probably 3 films. It may not have the popularity to make that a wise choice in money-hungry Hollywood, but I mean, look at the result of not having done so. Shit on a screen.

Originally they wanted peter jackson to compress the LOTR trilogy into one movie:tard:

Drool-Boy said:
http://planetmagrathea.com/notinthefilm.html

You have GOT to be fucking kidding
That list is stuff they left out of the movie
They left out the guide entry about earth?
I can understand leaving some stuff out, but a lot of whats on that list are keypoints in the fucking story ffs

i usually ignore movie reviews but if this is true i will be dissappointed. how can you not include the towel entry or an infinite number of monkeys? that is just lame.

i suppose if i hadnt read the book i could sit there and be entertained. but if you're going to make the movie, at least include the goods parts. AT LEAST HAVE SOMEONE HUMMING PINK FLOYD.

Then Douglas Adams needs to really take a look at his priorities. Must have been hard up for the cash to do this to such a well loved series.

And I can't believe how they fucked up the improbability drive.

bast_imret said:
Then Douglas Adams needs to really take a look at his priorities. Must have been hard up for the cash to do this to such a well loved series.

And I can't believe how they fucked up the improbability drive.

uhh...the man died several years ago dude