This makes me angry

miiiiikeeeeeeeeeeey...you weren't listening to me, doofus. :p neither were you, src. :D

Choosing certain parts of a religion or many religions or any set of beliefs and living in accord with the few you select is basically a religion. And yes, I comprehended but chose to ignore your point/question about the person who chooses to live like that so I could taunt and bait.

miiiiikeeeeeeeeeeey...you weren't listening to me, doofus. :p neither were you, src. :D

yeah I was replying to him only. :lol:

A person can't be a hypocrite for that, no. A person would be a hypocrite if they did not follow what they believed, and only followed what was taught by a religion, and then complained about things that their religion/followings dictated.

Choosing certain parts of a religion or many religions or any set of beliefs and living in accord with the few you select is basically a religion. And yes, I comprehended but chose to ignore your point/question about the person who chooses to live like that so I could taunt and bait.

:p sometimes i forget that you are male and can be an ass. :p :fly:

AND

There are gay people who go around intentionally infecting others with AIDS. Does this mean everyone assumes db does this? No, not quite. Apparently he cant even be called on to explain it. I don't see why you could expect the "religious freaks" on this forum to explain the behaviour of some person you knew simply because they professed the same general faith. It's an ignorant expectation, and not something that someone even expects you to do.

What can't I be called on? :confused:

I can tell you what I believe and why I believe it. You have to trust what I say is as truthful as I konw and accept what I tell you.

wtf does this have to do with anything?

Read my opening post. I never immediately asked anyone to justify the actions of others. I was merely ranting about how ridiculous Brownhouse is.

Sorry, db - your penchant for penis has gotten you all wrapped up in this thread and that was not the intent. :heart:

Don't worry. I make far more a big deal about it than you or this forum ever would/should.
:heart:

i am very curious about the hypocrite thing. why can't people pick and choose what they want to believe? why does that make someone a hypocrite?
i believe that there are numerous religions on this planet so that the variety of humans who live here can find something most appropriate and comfortable for them to lead a better life. do i think one religion is better than another? no. if someone finds a system that helps them lead a better life and a more comfortable one, than why not be part of it?
i am a cafeteria catholic, and it bothers me none that i am that way. i see no problem in picking and choosing what i want to believe. if it helps structure my life, where's the problem? why does it have to have to be all or nothing?

You aren't a hypocrite until you try to force your religious beliefs onto someone else, until then you're just foolish for picking and choosing what to believe. :heart:

You aren't a hypocrite until you try to force your religious beliefs onto someone else, until then you're just foolish for picking and choosing what to believe. :heart:

Some could say that you are a hypocrite because you didn't force your religion on them