This just in: VladTemplar joins Useless Forums...

VladTemplar

Flaccid Member
Oct 17, 2006
Marklar
₥0
AUTO GENERATED THREAD

I just activated my account and will be here shortly to answer all questions. Give me something to talk about!

Well lets see here...

I'm a 3rd year student at Baylor University in Waco, Texas majoring in Political Science. I plan to go from here to get my MA in Political Science with a concentration in Int. Relations. I'd go straight for a PhD, but my GPA has taken a bit of a beating since PoliSci is my 3rd major and the first two didn't go so well. In the end I'm planning to be a professor, work towards tenure, and see where I feel like from there.

I've spent a semester abroad in the Netherlands where I travelled most of Western Europe. I'm going back again this coming Spring, but focusing more on Eastern Europe for my travels. After that I'm spending a month in Turkey travelling with another group so I can see more of that country. Beyond that, in personal travels, I've seen a good portion of N. America and the Carribbean, but only parts of Central America.

What else

Well lets see here...

I'm a 3rd year student at Baylor University in Waco, Texas majoring in Political Science. I plan to go from here to get my MA in Political Science with a concentration in Int. Relations. I'd go straight for a PhD, but my GPA has taken a bit of a beating since PoliSci is my 3rd major and the first two didn't go so well. In the end I'm planning to be a professor, work towards tenure, and see where I feel like from there.

I've spent a semester abroad in the Netherlands where I travelled most of Western Europe. I'm going back again this coming Spring, but focusing more on Eastern Europe for my travels. After that I'm spending a month in Turkey travelling with another group so I can see more of that country. Beyond that, in personal travels, I've seen a good portion of N. America and the Carribbean, but only parts of Central America.

What else
1. What brings you to this neck of the internets?

2. Do you put your toilet paper roll with the flap over the top or underneath?

3. Which do you prefer: Salty or sweet?

4. Put the following items in order of importance: Dog, cat, goat, bird, Sarcasmo

1. What brings you to this neck of the internets?

2. Do you put your toilet paper roll with the flap over the top or underneath?

3. Which do you prefer: Salty or sweet?

4. Put the following items in order of importance: Dog, cat, goat, bird, Sarcasmo

1. Galen said I'd like it here.

2. Over the top is the only way to go. If I'm at someone's house and it's underneath, I switch it. That is unless that person is a cat owner, then I usually make sure it's unreachable.

3. Depends really, I like salty things and I like sweet things. Sometimes you want escargot and sometimes you want vanilla ice cream with strawberries tossed in.

4. Assuming Sarcasmo = Sarcasm...Sarcasm, goat, dog, cat. The animal order was in the order of usefullness if I was out of food. If it was inteded to be in order or preferred ownership, the goat would be after the cat.

1. Galen said I'd like it here.

2. Over the top is the only way to go. If I'm at someone's house and it's underneath, I switch it. That is unless that person is a cat owner, then I usually make sure it's unreachable.

3. Depends really, I like salty things and I like sweet things. Sometimes you want escargot and sometimes you want vanilla ice cream with strawberries tossed in.

4. Assuming Sarcasmo = Sarcasm...Sarcasm, goat, dog, cat. The animal order was in the order of usefullness if I was out of food. If it was inteded to be in order or preferred ownership, the goat would be after the cat.

:lol: You are a good sport!

Are there any places you'd like to visit and also, could you post a quick review of the best place you visited.

I need ideas for christmas expedition.

Are there any places you'd like to visit and also, could you post a quick review of the best place you visited.

I need ideas for christmas expedition.

There isn't any place in the world I wouldn't like to visit. Presently I'm trying to talk my mother and father into coughing up the money forme to go to Antartica when I graduate out of my BA. Sure, there isn't a lot in the way of culture or touristy things to see there...but I mean comeon it's freakin Antartica! On a more realistic note, I'll probably end up coughing up whatever money I've saved to pay for all the costs of matriculating to my new school for the MA program...but I might do a cruise around S. America.

Out of all the places I've been to, I have a mixed bag of favorites. I really liked the Netherlands simply because the people were so laid back and friendly. My favorite city in all of Europe (that I've seen) was a small town outside of Nice called Villefranche-sur-Mer. Breathtakingly beautiful town situated on a small bay with sand for beaches instead of rocks like most of the Riveria. Plus its not frequented by tourists due to it's size, so it's quaint and has lots of silent beauty to it.

On the topic of Europe, I do think Italy was completely overrated. It has tons of history, don't get me wrong, and seeing the country for historical reasons alone is enough to warrant a trip. However, it is a very old looking and old feeling country and it's financial problems are showing in every day life. Frankly it was probably the dirtiest country I've visited that was locked to a continent.

There isn't any place in the world I wouldn't like to visit. Presently I'm trying to talk my mother and father into coughing up the money forme to go to Antartica when I graduate out of my BA. Sure, there isn't a lot in the way of culture or touristy things to see there...but I mean comeon it's freakin Antartica!

Are you talking about a land visit/stay (you can't even do that I don't think), or one of those adventure cruises? A buddy of mine did the adventure cruise back in January and loved it. His pics are awesome, too.

Out of all the places I've been to, I have a mixed bag of favorites. I really liked the Netherlands simply because the people were so laid back and friendly. My favorite city in all of Europe (that I've seen) was a small town outside of Nice called Villefranche-sur-Mer. Breathtakingly beautiful town situated on a small bay with sand for beaches instead of rocks like most of the Riveria. Plus its not frequented by tourists due to it's size, so it's quaint and has lots of silent beauty to it.

I'm in love with Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Spain. I grew up in Norway, so I'd love to hear your travel stories and reflections. I miss Europe like crazy. :(

On the topic of Europe, I do think Italy was completely overrated. It has tons of history, don't get me wrong, and seeing the country for historical reasons alone is enough to warrant a trip. However, it is a very old looking and old feeling country and it's financial problems are showing in every day life. Frankly it was probably the dirtiest country I've visited that was locked to a continent.

Funny, that's EXACTLY what I thought about it. Especially Venice. It was disgustingly dirty, and the canals reeked of decaying bio-matter and had a thick film on the water.

Tuscany was gorgeous though, as was the Adriatic coast of Emilia Romagna.

Welcome to UF, by the way. Always a pleasure to meet anyone who isn't from Tampa or Atlanta. :fly:

Are you talking about a land visit/stay (you can't even do that I don't think), or one of those adventure cruises? A buddy of mine did the adventure cruise back in January and loved it. His pics are awesome, too.

The cruise, there are a few companies that do it. It'd be more interesting to do S. America, but being able to say I went to Antartica is a whole different playing field.

I'm in love with Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Spain. I grew up in Norway, so I'd love to hear your travel stories and reflections. I miss Europe like crazy. :(

I miss it a lot as well, hence why I am going back. I didn't get to travel as much as I wanted to last time, mostly because I didn't take enough money. This time I'm taking a lot more.

Funny, that's EXACTLY what I thought about it. Especially Venice. It was disgustingly dirty, and the canals reeked of decaying bio-matter and had a thick film on the water.

Tuscany was gorgeous though, as was the Adriatic coast of Emilia Romagna.

Venice was god awful filthy. It was even worse once I discovered that they didn't have any kind of sewage system, all of the day to day sewage waste went straight into those canals. After I found out that I saw those canals with an entirely different viewpoint.

That's not to say that Italy didn't have its upsides. Sienna (in Tuscany) was absolutely gorgeous, and I loved that city. I also loved Sorrento (Amalfi Coast) and I stayed in a B&B there where I had a balcony that I could sit on with a view of the bay and Mt. Vesuvius...and it only cost me 40e a night. Definately a wonderful city as well with wonderful people. The owner of the B&B took me out on his family's yacht and I got a personal trip out to Capri. Very very memorable part of my trip.

Welcome to UF, by the way. Always a pleasure to meet anyone who isn't from Tampa or Atlanta. :fly:

Thanks

Vlad, why no interest in Asia?

I have interest in Asia, but getting to Asia is a different matter. Plus the knowledge of English off hand isn't as high. One of my favorite things to do when I travel is simply to pick a direction and head that way. I'll hop a bus, I'll grab a bicycle, I'll rent a taxi...whatever. Anything that gets me off the beaten path to see something that's not the typical tourist stuff. Doing that in most of Asia can present problems.