This just in: SHORTGUYRAGE joins Useless Forums...

theacoustician said:
No.

I fought for rules and structure with little to zero open support. I had the balls to stand for what I thought was right even when it wasn't popular and no one backed me up. I was shouted down by those who want a freeform forum. I was "over reacting" or "I'm too uptight". You know what happens when you don't vote? You don't get your way.

I'm not going to have spotty enforcement because it isn't convient or because one person's good time gets spoiled. It pissed me off at Genmay and it pisses me off to see it here. I made it a point to constantly solict feedback and got none. Hell, we even have a whole fucking subforum just for it.

The people who would be heard have spoken and this is what they wanted. I always said this place would be whatever you guys wanted it to be and now it is. Enjoy.

I think your bottom lip is quivering.

Personally I don't see what the big damn deal was. I just hope I don't have wade through thread after thread of the same lame crap I get in my spam emails every day, or titles like "OMG this is so funnay".

Honestly though, I think our usual crowd here is mature enough to adhere to the same principles we've been operating under forever.

If not...well, it's still Scott and Zac's forum. They can do what they want, including taking back control.

theacoustician said:
No.

I fought for rules and structure with little to zero open support. I had the balls to stand for what I thought was right even when it wasn't popular and no one backed me up. I was shouted down by those who want a freeform forum. I was "over reacting" or "I'm too uptight". You know what happens when you don't vote? You don't get your way.

I'm not going to have spotty enforcement because it isn't convient or because one person's good time gets spoiled. It pissed me off at Genmay and it pisses me off to see it here. I made it a point to constantly solict feedback and got none. Hell, we even have a whole fucking subforum just for it.

The people who would be heard have spoken and this is what they wanted. I always said this place would be whatever you guys wanted it to be and now it is. Enjoy.
JUST COME OUT AND SAY IT

IT'S APRIL'S FAULT

Sarcasmo said:
I think your bottom lip is quivering.
Actually, for the first time in a while, I've got a big smile on my face. Either it'll get bigger as I think "I told you so" or I'll shrug my shoulders and think "Guess I was wrong". Either way, I'm not worried about it.

Sarcasmo said:
Honestly though, I think our usual crowd here is mature enough to adhere to the same principles we've been operating under forever.
Well, you'd better hope so, because the only policing now is the voting feature.

Well I personally think that it sucks for Scott and it will suck for all of us. BUt if it makes TheAc happier to no be doing this then I say good. I"m sure this will go down hill but for now I'm glad he is posting with us and just hanging out. I don't think that we all need to harp on it or make it a huge deal. He is right....we will find out what happens when you have no rules and we have a bunch of very lame threads, but for now I'm tired of everyone making a big deal out of it.

BTW - I am one of the ones who has already stuck up for him and as his friend I want him to do whatever will make him happy.

Sarcasmo said:
I just want to have sex with JJ.

Well duh, if you are male that is just a given. Actually, if you are female that is also just a given. I think it is pretty much just understood as a universal law...kind of like gravity which interestingly enough is necessary to have sex with JJ. But the thought of weightless space sex with JJ is pretty hawt too. Ah hell, I gotta go be alone for a while.

theacoustician said:
No.

Well it's obvious that I'm way out of touch with the psuedo-reality of this place these days, but :heart: to you for trying man.

theacoustician said:
No.

whether you realize it or not, for the most part you probably have the support of a majority here. when you aren't over-reacting and uptight. you allow a group of people that may act silly or inane on occasion affect you so emotionally (it seems that way at least, maybe that's just internet scott) that it inspires people to push your buttons. your reactions just add fuel to the fire. of all the people that post here, you are by far the most negative. do you deal with your coworkers and friends in the same fashion as posters here? i pity them if you have the same attitude.

sunday morning over a cup of coffee, perhaps some reading material, the newspaper and toast, do you tell your wife that the conversations around here are a major case of the duldrums *sigh* and go back to your coffee? then do the same every week year on end until some october and ask her how she is voting in 2008 (you know, a good conversation. the meaningful conversation she never provides and you always have to initiate?).

and lest i forget, DO NOT FEAR PANDORA IS HERE. please guys, i have to agree with everything he whines about somewhat indirectly or he will start cutting on hisself again.

you fucking have an admin panel. it's not that hard to lock a thread. spotty enforcement? dont piss and moan in a thread about mods not doing their "job" when your feminine ass is looking at a drop down box (or whatever it is with vB) that says lock this and do what you feel is necessary. are you sure the doc doesnt have you on estrogen? i know the balls are stashed on that one shelf you cant reach above the liquor cabinet but have pandora bring the step stool over and she can dust them off.

i wouldnt give you the feedback from a sexually assaulted rhesus because of your depressing attitude.

all you have to do is not post. if you want to pay for a vBulletin license every year, rock on. hell, you can complain all you want since it's your cash. maybe this is your therapy.

Everyone wants to do my wife! I'm so lucky!*

Fuck I'm tired. People need to get their asses back into work so I can report out and go the fuck home and get some sleep. Been here for 17 hours now (which is technically our limit for straight work hours :rolleyes: ) but can't leave for another 3 due to a weekend duty meeting, and I only got 1/2 way through my testing and data entry. There's no way I'm doing the second half in one sitting again. Fuck that, they can wait a bit longer for their data. Bitches. Someone get me some fucking coffee.

*-cause I get to do her! And cause she's hawt! Like uber hawt! Like ninja's popping 13 boners and wailing hard on guitars hawt! :p

Last edited:
scott has taken his job very seriously for this place. he tries hard to keep it in check because there's a valid concern that it will turn out like other forums. simply for that fact, he should have some respect and consideration.

now. his personality might be different than yours. does that mean he's less valid? so what if he's uptight, whether he actually is or not? so what if he's more serious and doesn't share the same sense of humor as others may? isn't that his right?
does sometimes the rules get out of hand? maybe. all it takes is a simple suggestion. maybe he never thought about the point you have to make. maybe he had and decided against it. either way, it seems that if someone is trying hard to keep a place tidy, he should have a little bit of wiggle room to try and fail, or succeed, with guidelines.
if you find that you are really having a hard time with rules at all, then find another playground. you knew what this place required when you signed on. there are plenty of forums about. find one that fits what you're looking for.

that's the good thing about this board. we all are very different individuals. you don't have to like everybody, but you sure as hell should respect them, if only solely based on the fact that everyone here seems like they are intelligent critters who have something valid to add to this forum.

you don't have to agree with everyone. hell, pandora and i are good examples of this. there's a lot we don't agree on, but that does not hinder in any way the fact that i respect her. we agree to disagree.

no one's perfect, either. i think there have been times where every single one of us have stepped on someone else's toes here...have been disrespectful, offensive, derogatory. it's gonna happen. but that's the cool part about this board and the smart people on it. we can recognize, apologize, accept and move on.

it's fine to have opinions, regardless of what they are. but that does not give anyone the right to be disrespectful to anyone. if you don't like someone or something, move on. that's the beauty and the advantage of the internet world.