This just in: Ringmaster Darin joins Useless Forums...

Ringmaster Darin said:
Trust me.. it's been a hell of an adjustment. The scenery is beautiful the 2½ months out of the year it decides to not rain and that somewhat helps. But the nightlife, women, warm water, and cool drinks are definitely missed. I still head back every March for Winter Music Conference, so I get my dose of sun and sand.

You can have fires on the beach here though, which you couldn't in Florida.. hey.. ya gotta stay positive :)
I have meant to go to the WMC every year that I have lived here, yet never driven down. :hs:

I'm in an office now. I'm the guy that directs our smallboats and helicopters around on SAR cases, so I try to visit our stations and go on boat rides with them from time to time to remind myself what they're dealing with on searches when I talk with them. It also is a good way to strengthen the relationship with the boat coxswains (boat drivers) since most of our communication is on the radio or phone.

We're colocated with the air station, so we have 3 helicopters there and we can pretty much ride with them whenever we want on our days off, so it again gives you a different perspective and also is a great way to learn the lay of the land, and what landmarks boaters might see from offshore.

You should definitely go to WMC ceiling fly. It is completely ridiculous. You're in Savannah yes? A friend of mine lives up there. I've been up there a couple times when Kos & Xavier played in town, and then we checked out the local area. Awesome town. I tried to make it there this year for St Pattys right before WMC, but my original flight got delayed, and the friends I was riding up with from Miami had to go without me, because they were also promoting for Ultra Music Festival and so I missed it this year.

I didn't intend to come off as a spammer. Yes, I am seeking out new boards in new locations to promote for Kos & Xavier and try to get bookings into more places across the country.

I am on a ton of message boards, and it can be a daunting task to be personable on every single one, because there isn't enough time in the day.

The fact that you guys are on a more personal level here is awesome, and I'll try to keep abreast of what goes on here, and definitely will try and answer any questions about Kos & Xavier, the Coast Guard, or myself, as quickly as possible.

and im going to burning man this year for the first time.. anyone on this board ever go? going?

Ringmaster Darin said:
I'm in an office now. I'm the guy that directs our smallboats and helicopters around on SAR cases, so I try to visit our stations and go on boat rides with them from time to time to remind myself what they're dealing with on searches when I talk with them. It also is a good way to strengthen the relationship with the boat coxswains (boat drivers) since most of our communication is on the radio or phone.

We're colocated with the air station, so we have 3 helicopters there and we can pretty much ride with them whenever we want on our days off, so it again gives you a different perspective and also is a great way to learn the lay of the land, and what landmarks boaters might see from offshore.

You should definitely go to WMC ceiling fly. It is completely ridiculous. You're in Savannah yes? A friend of mine lives up there. I've been up there a couple times when Kos & Xavier played in town, and then we checked out the local area. Awesome town. I tried to make it there this year for St Pattys right before WMC, but my original flight got delayed, and the friends I was riding up with from Miami had to go without me, because they were also promoting for Ultra Music Festival and so I missed it this year.

I didn't intend to come off as a spammer. Yes, I am seeking out new boards in new locations to promote for Kos & Xavier and try to get bookings into more places across the country.

I am on a ton of message boards, and it can be a daunting task to be personable on every single one, because there isn't enough time in the day.

The fact that you guys are on a more personal level here is awesome, and I'll try to keep abreast of what goes on here, and definitely will try and answer any questions about Kos & Xavier, the Coast Guard, or myself, as quickly as possible.
Ever been to Wemf in Canadia?

Ringmaster Darin said:
and im going to burning man this year for the first time.. anyone on this board ever go? going?
Not I.

Been to a bunch of UK music festivals (Leeds, Donnington etc.,) that's about it.

ceiling fly said:
Ever been to Wemf in Canadia?

No.. is that the one in Toronto?

Never been to Canada at all.. although Vancouver is only 5 hours away now so I should be getting up there sometime relatively soon

Ringmaster Darin said:
No.. is that the one in Toronto?

Never been to Canada at all.. although Vancouver is only 5 hours away now so I should be getting up there sometime relatively soon
Had a friend who drove up every year from Florida. Said it was awesome. Never been tho.

Ok, since there was never a clear concensus before, let him out?

Three votes yes, he's free.

If you want him to go away, don't tell us about it, just vote the thread shut.

Ringmaster Darin said:

Burning man sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I'd love to go and get my photography on, as I'm sure there are plenty of interesting things to take pics of. However I don't see why anyone in their right mind would want to go hang out in the Nevada desert during the summer. :wtf:

Ringmaster Darin said:
No more drug runners in Oregon (well, I'm sure there are in some capacity, but not that we are working against)

Miami had a bunch of drugs and migrants and rescues. Here is a picture of an extremely small bust we had (62 kilos.. bout $1.2 million). The picture isn't me, lol, it's one of the guys I used to work with, looking like a tool I might add

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/RingmasterCrew/DSC01269-1.jpg

This one is of CSI dusting the packages for any prints that could lead to other known smugglers

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/RingmasterCrew/DSC01268.jpg

(sorry, can't link images yet so you'll have to follow the links)

oh shit, bad ass

Pandora said:
Burning man sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I'd love to go and get my photography on, as I'm sure there are plenty of interesting things to take pics of. However I don't see why anyone in their right mind would want to go hang out in the Nevada desert during the summer. :wtf:
from what I hear it's a pretty killer time