This just in: freek joins Useless Forums...

It would definitely be an experience and looks good on a resume. Would they let you continue your education while enlisted or at least subsidize education afterwards? I can't claim to know your frame of mind but if it is something you want to do, go for it.

I already have a few years in. The only thing they provide is a finite position/rotation at the end of it. Also, getting away from it all is attractive.

It's probably only because my uncle was a high ranking member, but it's something I'm going to need to consider... it wasn't my first choice... my intention when I started Medicine was infectious disease.. don't know if I'd really want to be involved in surgery, especially trauma.

I already have a few years in. The only thing they provide is a finite position/rotation at the end of it. Also, getting away from it all is attractive.

It's probably only because my uncle was a high ranking member, but it's something I'm going to need to consider... it wasn't my first choice... my intention when I started Medicine was infectious disease.. don't know if I'd really want to be involved in surgery, especially trauma.

That is something I cannot bear to watch. I despise ER documentaries, television shows and the like. I know I've seen some weird things in my life, hey that part of my elbow doesn't belong up here, but I avoid watching anything of the sort if at all possible.

Getting away from it all, on the other hand, is something I can relate to. I'm about to pack up and drive accross the country just because I can. There may be other motivating factors for the location but I would still be moving somewhere regardless.

That is something I cannot bear to watch. I despise ER documentaries, television shows and the like. I know I've seen some weird things in my life, hey that part of my elbow doesn't belong up here, but I avoid watching anything of the sort if at all possible.

Getting away from it all, on the other hand, is something I can relate to. I'm about to pack up and drive accross the country just because I can. There may be other motivating factors for the location but I would still be moving somewhere regardless.

That's something that has never bothered me. This works for me, and I tell it to everyone, but try and think of a persons body like a VCR or a PC, everything's the same inside. Think of it as fixing a computer, it should become alot easier to deal with.

I'm just fed up with the same old crap. Was looking forward to my year abroad studying Maths, it was going to be a nice break. When I had to come back for other reasons, I couldn't be fucked.. I wanted my year off dammit :p

Best of luck with the roadtrip though. I'd love to be in that position. Unfortunately, I'm not and probably won't be for a while yet. The first break I get is late October, and it's incredibly short.