Thread This just in! Cats suck massholes. Film @ 11.

KIK's ... FOR YOU !

skunk-13.gif

Here's an idea for you for Halloween. You can dress up as this.

skunk.gif

So Dan and I have exhausted pretty much all of our options. We have one more cat behaviorist that is going to give us advice, but I think we are going to have to put our Fluffy to sleep before the arrival of Samantha. Nobody seems to think it is a good idea to keep her and the baby at the same time. She attacks people at random and we don't know what to do. For Dan and I she is an amazing pet. She's loving and cute and cuddly, but she's not like that to other people. There's no way to know what she will be like around an infant, but it might not be worth the risk. She's given people bad enough injuries that they needed stitches. I'm so sad about the prospect of killing this loving animal but I don't know what else to do with her. I haven't found anyone who is willing to have the patience to care for her like we have and none of the shelters will take her. Every time I think about it I cry. Fluffy used to be my mother's cat and losing her is like losing a piece of my mom in a strange way. I hate this.

So Dan and I have exhausted pretty much all of our options. We have one more cat behaviorist that is going to give us advice, but I think we are going to have to put our Fluffy to sleep before the arrival of Samantha. Nobody seems to think it is a good idea to keep her and the baby at the same time. She attacks people at random and we don't know what to do. For Dan and I she is an amazing pet. She's loving and cute and cuddly, but she's not like that to other people. There's no way to know what she will be like around an infant, but it might not be worth the risk. She's given people bad enough injuries that they needed stitches. I'm so sad about the prospect of killing this loving animal but I don't know what else to do with her. I haven't found anyone who is willing to have the patience to care for her like we have and none of the shelters will take her. Every time I think about it I cry. Fluffy used to be my mother's cat and losing her is like losing a piece of my mom in a strange way. I hate this.

How old is she? :(

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
If she likes the two of you, she'll like the baby.

The ornery catriarch (RIP) was surprisingly the animal most loving with CL when she first arrived.

I'd err on the side of this being a creature you care about and taking a wait and see attitude. Animals are smart. She'll probably catch on fast that Samantha is family too. It may just be very protective of it's own. Animals have a very good sense for tribe.

If she likes the two of you, she'll like the baby.

The ornery catriarch (RIP) was surprisingly the animal most loving with CL when she first arrived.

I'd err on the side of this being a creature you care about and taking a wait and see attitude. Animals are smart. She'll probably catch on fast that Samantha is family too. It may just be very protective of it's own. Animals have a very good sense for tribe.

I really hope you two are right, but this was my mom's very loving cat and when my mom got sick the cat attacked my mom. 18 stitches in her head and a scratched cornea later I got to take my mom back home and remove the cat from the household. It was terrifying. I worry that we will see this behavior with the baby. My mom was dying. The baby has her whole life ahead of her and going through it with limited vision in one eye because we risked it with a cat we knew to be dangerous doesn't seem like a good choice. I'm so conflicted.

I like this answer. Our cats aren't super friendly to strangers and now that my brother lives here they accepted him as family.
I really hope you two are right, but this was my mom's very loving cat and when my mom got sick the cat attacked my mom. 18 stitches in her head and a scratched cornea later I got to take my mom back home and remove the cat from the household. It was terrifying. I worry that we will see this behavior with the baby. My mom was dying. The baby has her whole life ahead of her and going through it with limited vision in one eye because we risked it with a cat we knew to be dangerous doesn't seem like a good choice. I'm so conflicted.
Oh ya, cats are known for attacking "weak or sick" animals in the wild. It's just nature. :( I'd give Duke's comment a shot... just introduce the baby to the pack slowly.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD