Thread This just in! Cats suck massholes. Film @ 11.

@fly -cat has decided to start gorging on her pebbles and then throwing them up everywhere. Dry food swells up in her stomach after she eats too much of and it and then she pukes it up.

Cant just leave the food out anymore, have to feed her a 1/4 cup at a time occasionally.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
I’d recommend to my son to take his kitty to the vet. He has the money I didn’t.

I’d do a diet swap, or attempt to. One of my guys got real fat and couldn’t pass doodie edecently towards the end and it just made everything more worse than it needed to be.
Kind of like typing on this iPad. Ugh sucks badly.

Good luck Domon
Love you bro

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
yeah, we're trying a diet swap. The vet is scheduled 1.5 mo out at this point. Posting a couple o'days later, its a bit better

One brand of a food for the pukey cat, only doled out 1/4 of a cup at a time, and it turns out the non-pukey cat doesnt like that food, so she wont mess with it.

I gotta monitor food intake carefully though, we had an issue a couple years back where the non-pukey cat decided she didnt like the food after a formula-change... and just stopped eating, causing all kindsa issues.

@fly -cat has decided to start gorging on her pebbles and then throwing them up everywhere. Dry food swells up in her stomach after she eats too much of and it and then she pukes it up.

Cant just leave the food out anymore, have to feed her a 1/4 cup at a time occasionally.
Yeah my mom has a cat that does that. Will go outside for awhile, come inside, eat a bunch, then throw up. Annoying. Thankful my cats are mostly not pukers.

Try leaving it out, but putting it on a cookie sheet. That makes it impossible for them to bulldoze the food. That's what we had to do because of Fred back in the day.

Or if its easier, you can buy specific bowls to prevent this.
Amazon product ASIN B07SBYJMJY

Try leaving it out, but putting it on a cookie sheet. That makes it impossible for them to bulldoze the food. That's what we had to do because of Fred back in the day.

Or if its easier, you can buy specific bowls to prevent this.
Amazon product ASIN B07SBYJMJY
thats a great idea.

The new food that seems to work is bigger kibbles, so its not so easy to bulldoze. So far so good, she's eating the amount she's supposed to, and not puking.

We rarely get strays around our place, but theres been a recurring Big Chonker hanging around. Tortie that probably used to be 25lbs, but has obviously been outside for a while and has thinned out a lot and just has tons of loose skin now.

Got in a hissing match with our defender-cat in the yard last night.

Tried to get a picture to post to varying places to make sure they arent someones pet who is just wandering before taking further action. Obviously used to be an indoor cat.

Want to help em find a happy home, or find their way back home. @fly what do you all do when you find a buddy that obviously used to be someones indoor cat?

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and Josh
I don't think any of the cats we've found had previously been pets. Best thing to do is trap him. In our case, the local Humane Society rents traps for $5/wk. Then they can either scan him for owners, adopt him out if he can be touched, or neuter and release him.

• Gravy
:p im gonna be pulling my cats outta the trap 3 times a day

I suppose i could only put it out at night when theyre inside, and if he gets trapped that really does mean he's homeless.

How do you avoid the place just euthanizing him. Id feel awful if they did that.

• Gravy
I hope he's chipped. I bet i can fabricobble together my own reader. and then use that reader for other cool stuff like fly does after im done with it.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
:p im gonna be pulling my cats outta the trap 3 times a day

I suppose i could only put it out at night when theyre inside, and if he gets trapped that really does mean he's homeless.

How do you avoid the place just euthanizing him. Id feel awful if they did that.
I only bring our trap out when the actual animal is there. Then I make a breadcrumb trail of wet cat food into the trap. If I just left it out, I'd have the same problem as you. :lol: