This just in: augusttremulous joins Useless Forums...

I had this great idea that if I stay up all weekend, I'll get enough sleep on sunday night to wake up at 8am on sunday morning for the main start of classes.

It's a fucking mess. I can't even sleep when I try now.

I'll be up with you if you need some support. The thing about sleep is you will have to make up for the loss at some point unless consciousness is chemically induced.

I'll be up with you if you need some support. The thing about sleep is you will have to make up for the loss at some point unless consciousness is chemically induced.

That's true, and that's what I'm not looking forward to. Lots of important practicals this week that I know I'd probably sleep past if I had half the chance.

The ryder cup's on though, that's a good sedative, as are sundays in general. Especially when it's pissing with rain.

You up because you're sick? or just can't sleep.

That's true, and that's what I'm not looking forward to. Lots of important practicals this week that I know I'd probably sleep past if I had half the chance.

The ryder cup's on though, that's a good sedative, as are sundays in general. Especially when it's pissing with rain.

You up because you're sick? or just can't sleep.

I have a cold of some sort (THE ATLANTA PEOPLE GOT ME SICK) but that's not why I am up. I don't sleep well, haven't for a few years. I am pretty sure I know why and I hope to fix it in the near future. In the meantime, I get garbage from doctors explaining the circadian rhythm and such, things I already know. Hey, the last sleep doctor told me to go get laid. No joke.

The forecast for this evening was thunderstorms, wind and rain. It hasn't happened. I may walk down to the park.

Last edited:
They even did a sleep study on me once. I stayed overnight at the hospital while they watched me sleep via infrared and lovely sticky things on various parts of my anatomy. I stayed the next day as well. If I recall I was allowed to nap for 15 minutes each hour then they would wake me. It was the day the last Concord crashed while taking off, don't ask why I remember. All I know is the nurses and doc said I was odd. 'We've never seen someone fall into such a deep sleep within 15 minutes.'

Thanks guys.

I did sleep pretty well with lunesta, I almost had a normal schedule this past week. Giving me ambien is a bad idea. Melatonin doesn't do anything noticeable. I just live with it.

I have nothing demeaning or a joke to make about that, I really must be sick. Are you happy there?

For the most part, I am very happy. The sucky parts are where I can't afford to go back to school yet, and I can't yet afford health insurance, so I can't start back up with roller derby for fear of injury. I also haven't found a job yet, despite applying at a myriad of job locations and types. I'll be applying over at Walter Reed (the big Army hospital in the area) soon, but every other hospital/medical facility I've applied at has denied me, most likely due to lack of sufficient experience. Even the jail denied me. I'm apparantly not fit to stab inmates. I've also applied at crappy retail jobs, because money is money and I really need some stat so I can start paying my bills. No such luck.

Other than that, it's pretty cool. After 2 years of waiting, I'm finally with Ironman. Also, 2 of my friends from high school go to uni down here, so I'm not completely alone all of the time. I just went to American uni last night and played Apples to Apples until 2am. That's how I party, yo. Card games. :cool:

Is it bad that I had no idea that August existed until she created this thread? Did I miss out on a ton of cool stuff like threads about awesome things happening and noodz?

For the most part, I am very happy. The sucky parts are where I can't afford to go back to school yet, and I can't yet afford health insurance, so I can't start back up with roller derby for fear of injury. I also haven't found a job yet, despite applying at a myriad of job locations and types. I'll be applying over at Walter Reed (the big Army hospital in the area) soon, but every other hospital/medical facility I've applied at has denied me, most likely due to lack of sufficient experience. Even the jail denied me. I'm apparantly not fit to stab inmates. I've also applied at crappy retail jobs, because money is money and I really need some stat so I can start paying my bills. No such luck.

Other than that, it's pretty cool. After 2 years of waiting, I'm finally with Ironman. Also, 2 of my friends from high school go to uni down here, so I'm not completely alone all of the time. I just went to American uni last night and played Apples to Apples until 2am. That's how I party, yo. Card games. :cool:

So who is the Glenn Beck fan?

sup aug...you should be out already but I guess theac is still sleeping
Not a big deal, I can wait. This thread feels nice and cozy.

Is it bad that I had no idea that August existed until she created this thread? Did I miss out on a ton of cool stuff like threads about awesome things happening and noodz?
Nah. I'm nothing special, really.

So who is the Glenn Beck fan?
Oh god, nobody, I hope...:p

Nah. I'm nothing special, really.

Well then, I'm glad we've established it.

FYI I'm KNYTE, the Mormon that everyone likes. I'm married to Kiwi, the other Mormon that everyone likes. I have two kids, I like handguns, I've personally met a good number of people from UF, and I've essentially slept in the same room as Fly and April (their door was open, which essentially means that the entire house is one big room in my opinion).

My hair is blonde, my eye's are blue, and I have a power level rating of "ridiculously awesomeness".

FYI I'm KNYTE, the Mormon that everyone likes. I'm married to Kiwi, the other Mormon that everyone likes. I have two kids, I like handguns, I've personally met a good number of people from UF, and I've essentially slept in the same room as Fly and April (their door was open, which essentially means that the entire house is one big room in my opinion).

My hair is blonde, my eye's are blue, and I have a power level rating of "ridiculously awesomeness".

Pleased to make your acquaintance, KNYTE :)

This was an afterthought, but alas, I can't yet edit:
Do you ONLY stick to handguns, or do you switch it up to shotties once in a while?
Back home when I had access to firearms and a range, I used to shoot skeet and trap with my dad and grandpa a lot. I was co-chair of the skeet committee at the gun club :cool:
I've yet to find a decent range here to shoot at.

You left out the bit where you need platform shoes to see whats on the kitchen counters.

Do you ONLY stick to handguns, or do you switch it up to shotties once in a while?
Back home when I had access to firearms and a range, I used to shoot skeet and trap with my dad and grandpa a lot. I was co-chair of the skeet committee at the gun club :cool:

Ive been skeet shooting once. The people I was with told my I showed talent at the sport, but, alas, Ive never been again.

I don't know where in Maryland you are, but there's a skeet range off of Marriotsville Rd. between Rt 99 and Liberty.