This Jetblue terminal rocks!

Valve1138

I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥70,427
I'm at the new JetBlue terminal at JFK. Holy shit the new terminal rocks. The old one was all run down, but this one is shiny new.

At each terminal there are "hi -tech" stools at workbench style tables with outlets, wi-fi access, etc.

Plus there's a lot more food options now.

the old one was probably built in the 70's by eastern airlines

where ya headed anyway? FL was it? business?

is it a brand new terminal, or did jet blue remodel the eero saarinen terminal? i thought they had bought it at one point to save it from demolition.

I found the answer: it's a new building, but it's connected to the saarinen terminal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/16/nyregion/16blocks.html

you can check in electronically in the saarinen terminal. it would be worth a visit.

Oh wow, I spent almost a full day on standby in that terminal. I thought it was crazy in it's architectural uniqueness.

And now it stands unused? How sad.

Edit for stupidity - Okay, apparently it's not unused but is part of the jetblue thing. I get that now after a bit more research.

Last edited:
Oh wow, I spent almost a full day on standby in that terminal. I thought it was crazy in it's architectural uniqueness.

And now it stands unused? How sad.

Edit for stupidity - Okay, apparently it's not unused but is part of the jetblue thing. I get that now after a bit more research.
i'd love to see it. you were there when it was still operational? that must have been cool. what were your other impressions? was it clean and well maintained or was it crappy, with mismatched tile used for patches and cracks in the walls?

i'd love to see it. you were there when it was still operational? that must have been cool. what were your other impressions? was it clean and well maintained or was it crappy, with mismatched tile used for patches and cracks in the walls?

Yeah, I was there catching a business flight back to CO after spending 3 weeks in manhattan back in 1997. At the time, I liked the old school 60's deco feel to the place, but you could tell it had seen better days. Cracks, dinge, just a general sense of an underlaying disrepair. But the curves, the sweeping open angles, the large windows looking over the tarmac, and centralized bar just crowded with people looking to get a buzz before their flight or maybe do some pre-hookup action for a potential mile-high club rendevous.

At the time, I had just spent 3 weeks in NYC, and my mood and viewpoint of that city was at an all time low, especially after being told my flight was being delayed 12 hours. I spent a good 6 just ranting into a journal entry on my laptop about how fucked up a place NYC really was.

Yeah, I was there catching a business flight back to CO after spending 3 weeks in manhattan back in 1997. At the time, I liked the old school 60's deco feel to the place, but you could tell it had seen better days. Cracks, dinge, just a general sense of an underlaying disrepair. But the curves, the sweeping open angles, the large windows looking over the tarmac, and centralized bar just crowded with people looking to get a buzz before their flight or maybe do some pre-hookup action for a potential mile-high club rendevous.

At the time, I had just spent 3 weeks in NYC, and my mood and viewpoint of that city was at an all time low, especially after being told my flight was being delayed 12 hours. I spent a good 6 just ranting into a journal entry on my laptop about how fucked up a place NYC really was.
i now really want to fly into jfk on jet blue just to see it. i can't fly direct, but i could probably make it happen via a connection for a couple hundred bucks.

and i did the salmon again two nights ago. man, that stuff does come out the perfect texture/temperature. used some season all on one of em. maybe i'm just not a dill fan.

that might just be what rich folks eat.

LOL.. prepare the little tin foil pouch thingy.

6 to 8 oz piece in each pkg.
season with salt, pepper, dill, lemon, little margarine

cook at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.

no pans to wash ftw.

I would think you could use whatever seasoning you like. valve suggested dill but my tastes aren't that refined. i mean, I drink O.E. occasionally. :hay:

how bout i just found out that the butcher will cut the skin off your salmon before packaging!!!

weird...don't think I've ever bought it with the skin still on...I suppose that could be a testament to it's freshness however