This isn't right...

crazymike said:
Not to unhijack your thread. But when my grampa died I didn't cry. I didn't even feel sad really. I felt bad for my dad and my granny. But not a tear came to my eye. We just wern't close.

My gramps earlier this year and I have to try not to cry when I think of him. We were close. A few distant/semi-close relatives have died and I've felt nothing, didn't even go to their funerals. You shouldn't expect to care for someone just because you're related.

:heart:

crazymike said:
see, I don't believe you should love someone just because they are family. Your family should be important to you, but not because they are your family.

I love my family for who they are, not because I popped out of my mothers vaginal cavity.

It's more a matter of what relationship does or doesn't exist after the baby pops out. IMO it takes more than just giving birth to make a real mother. As far as I'm concerned a woman who gives birth then abandons or otherwise just doesn't give a damn about the baby isn't a real mother, but more like an egg donor.

NeedMoreEmo said:
My gramps earlier this year and I have to try not to cry when I think of him. We were close. A few distant/semi-close relatives have died and I've felt nothing, didn't even go to their funerals. You shouldn't expect to care for someone just because you're related.

:heart:

It just seems like I should care at least a little bit, but that's the way it is.

dreamwalker said:
It just seems like I should care at least a little bit, but that's the way it is.

NME actually said it pretty good, as have others....... you feel what you feel and that's the way of it. There's really nothing you can do to change it, nor should you feel compelled to change it.

If you haven't been close, then don't beat yourself up. I've had several relatives die these past few years and it didn't matter to me one way or another. You can only spread yourself so thin when it comes to relatives. Ya, it's sad, but that's the way things go, especially if they have never thought much of you in return.

dreamwalker said:
Nah, I have to harass someone ;)

I know you're not saying that you're glad I exist, because I know you'd just find someone else to harass... :p

Kevlar said:
If you haven't been close, then don't beat yourself up. I've had several relatives die these past few years and it didn't matter to me one way or another. You can only spread yourself so thin when it comes to relatives. Ya, it's sad, but that's the way things go, especially if they have never thought much of you in return.

Yeah, I might as well accept the way things are and go on, such is life :)

Kander77 said:
I needs more emo

elmo.jpg

CletusJones said:
JUST
DO
IT
DON'T
COMPLAIN
MAKE
WITH
THE
PICS

No can do, I'm running this way, that way, and the other way trying to get things ready to travel tomorrow. I'm only at my computer for a few minutes here and there because I'm burning some OTR CDs for my kids to listen to on the trip.

dreamwalker said:
No can do, I'm running this way, that way, and the other way trying to get things ready to travel tomorrow. I'm only at my computer for a few minutes here and there because I'm burning some OTR CDs for my kids to listen to on the trip.
okay then. i hope your trip goes well. :heart:

CletusJones said:
okay then. i hope your trip goes well. :heart:

I think it will go...OK anyway :heart:

I'm getting pretty scatterbrained. I just took out a CD I'd burned, and marked it "Black Museum" when it was actually "Boston Blackie". Waaaaay too many things going on :eek: :fly: