This isn't right...

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Planet Hell
Marklar
₥0
I got a phone call earlier today telling me that my grandmother died this morning. To make a long story short, my family isn't exactly close. I hadn't seen my grandmother for close to ten years. I didn’t even recognize my sister’s voice when I heard her on the phone. Even with this being the case, it seems like I should care more than I do.

I don't really expect anyone to have an answer for me, but this just doesn't seem right.

i got a call like that last year when my cousin jason died. i was indifferent, i hadn't seen or talked to the guy in 15 years and they moved across the country.

i felt bad later on, but mostly because i was so indifferent.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I'm kind of in the same boat.

My uncle left a message on my wife's work(!) voicemail 2 days ago telling her that my grandfather died, I hadn't seen him in at least 14 years. It was barely a blip for me, I actually forgot about it until now.
yeah, it's weird when distant relatives die.

CletusJones said:
i got a call like that last year when my cousin jason died. i was indifferent, i hadn't seen or talked to the guy in 15 years and they moved across the country.

i felt bad later on, but mostly because i was so indifferent.

That's about it.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I'm kind of in the same boat.

My uncle left a message on my wife's work(!) voicemail 2 days ago telling her that my grandfather died, I hadn't seen him in at least 14 years. It was barely a blip for me, I actually forgot about it until now.

Left a message on her work voicemail??? Dunno about some people.

I have to go for the funeral, out of state, if it weren't for that it wouldn't be much more than a blip. I have a feeling that some of my family members are going to be very unhappy with me, but it ain't easy for me to act as if I care more than I do.

dreamwalker said:
I have to go for the funeral, out of state, if it weren't for that it wouldn't be much more than a blip. I have a feeling that some of my family members are going to be very unhappy with me, but it ain't easy for me to act as if I care more than I do.
why do you have to go to the funeral?

what happened between you and your family?

CletusJones said:
why do you have to go to the funeral?

what happened between you and your family?

Oh, boy, that is a LONG story, far longer than anyone here wants to read about. Let's just say that the family got split up waaaaay back when, we haven't been close for many years, but it wasn't complete enough a break to justify telling them that I'm not coming to the funeral. I'm just hoping that it will go without too many problems. I'll only be there a couple of days, how bad can it be?...

elpmis said:
spend more time with your families people
I always let people close to me know how much I love them. One min they're here then they're gone. :( I'm sorry DW.

dreamwalker said:
Oh, boy, that is a LONG story, far longer than anyone here wants to read about. Let's just say that the family got split up waaaaay back when, we haven't been close for many years, but it wasn't complete enough a break to justify telling them that I'm not coming to the funeral. I'm just hoping that it will go without too many problems. I'll only be there a couple of days, how bad can it be?...
well, i hope that it goes well.

dreamwalker said:

Is that why you never smile?

Mondoz said:
Is that why you never smile?

Not so, I posted a pic of me when I was smiling, short memory there? :p

Believe it or not, I smile and laugh a lot IRL, it's just cameras that ruin my mood.

BigDov said:
I'll vouch for the smiling :)

One of my coworkers asked me the other day if I ever take anything seriously, because I laugh so much in the office. I can't help it, I have what a lot of people consider a seriously warped sense of humor :o

dreamwalker said:
One of my coworkers asked me the other day if I ever take anything seriously, because I laugh so much in the office. I can't help it, I have what a lot of people consider a seriously warped sense of humor :o

As do I, but very few people here in the office to share it with.

For evidence, check for a new thread by me :fly: