[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
190908908FullSizeR.jpg
Noise!! Shame about the outdoor monster(I'm guessing this is immi) - fucking tripods(males)!

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and adi
^- mentioned this to a couple of my friends with 3D printers, I'm pretty sure we've got all the hardware required to pull this off.

Just gotta figure out software to run on the controller, and suitable design/CAM software.

^- mentioned this to a couple of my friends with 3D printers, I'm pretty sure we've got all the hardware required to pull this off.

Just gotta figure out software to run on the controller, and suitable design/CAM software.

A bong for every season / holiday eventually ?

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Getting the surface location figured out would be fun. Probe with a touch sensor and some sort of mapping combined with rough measurements?
Spin the pumpkin and adjust the drill depth so it doesn't hit the pumpkin, but barely.

Then just have the drill plunge 2-3 inches inwards. If it drills through the wall of the pumpkin and beyond, who cares.

I suppose you could put a BLtouch type of thing on there and map the surface of the pumpkin, but that'd have to be brought back into CAD software and I'm not sure what the workflow would be there.

Spin the pumpkin and adjust the drill depth so it doesn't hit the pumpkin, but barely.

Then just have the drill plunge 2-3 inches inwards. If it drills through the wall of the pumpkin and beyond, who cares.

I suppose you could put a BLtouch type of thing on there and map the surface of the pumpkin, but that'd have to be brought back into CAD software and I'm not sure what the workflow would be there.
I was more thinking to kind of map the surface and possibly give you a preview of how the cut might need to be adjusted.

Or just buy a shitload of pumpkins and swap them out when one ends up looking like rollout's mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.