[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
190525898Resized20190524180845.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I'm going to a ramen place tonight. Hopefully they do a little better prep than that.
Doing up packaged ramen all fancy just ain't right.

Gave this 'samyang 2X' stuff a shot after spotting it at an asian store earlier, apparently eating it is a youtube challenge... meh. It's hot but I've put myself through far worse.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Adding an egg? Holy shitballs, that's a game changer, gonna have to try that.
For my ramen, I generally go a little bit too far. My method:
Soft boil one egg per package (I leave them in the shell, then peel them and cut in half on top of the ramen, sounds like J is suggesting to just drop them in the water.)
add a decent dash of soy sauce
drop in two or three drops of sesame oil (shit goes far)
Cut up a decent amount of chives
Sriracha out the ass
Take whatever chicken breast is left over from the week and shred it.
Sometimes I'll use half a key lime for the juice.
Julienne some thai basil if you have some, it grows decently here.

About every other time I make it I fuck around with different things to add to it. Dried shitake mushrooms are nice, but rehydrating them can be a little bit of a pain if you want a quick dinner.

The powdered sauce packet and all the juices above turn into a slurry, I toss the chicken and chives in that while the ramen is cooking. Once it is done I take the eggs out and set them aside, then pour enough of the water from the noodles onto the chicken in the bowl. Mix everything nicely and pull the chicken to one side, drop the noodles in and add enough water to get the level you want (you generally have to add more water to the ramen than the package calls for in order to cover the eggs.) Peel the eggs and drop them in, add whatever garnish like the basil, or chives. Eat.

I'm probably going to start using peppers from the garden instead of sriracha for some of it, and I may mess around with a little bit of calamondin juice instead of key lime.

ecnnUy3.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
For my ramen, I generally go a little bit too far. My method:
Soft boil one egg per package (I leave them in the shell, then peel them and cut in half on top of the ramen, sounds like J is suggesting to just drop them in the water.)
add a decent dash of soy sauce
drop in two or three drops of sesame oil (shit goes far)
Cut up a decent amount of chives
Sriracha out the ass
Take whatever chicken breast is left over from the week and shred it.
Sometimes I'll use half a key lime for the juice.
Julienne some thai basil if you have some, it grows decently here.

About every other time I make it I fuck around with different things to add to it. Dried shitake mushrooms are nice, but rehydrating them can be a little bit of a pain if you want a quick dinner.

The powdered sauce packet and all the juices above turn into a slurry, I toss the chicken and chives in that while the ramen is cooking. Once it is done I take the eggs out and set them aside, then pour enough of the water from the noodles onto the chicken in the bowl. Mix everything nicely and pull the chicken to one side, drop the noodles in and add enough water to get the level you want (you generally have to add more water to the ramen than the package calls for in order to cover the eggs.) Peel the eggs and drop them in, add whatever garnish like the basil, or chives. Eat.

I'm probably going to start using peppers from the garden instead of sriracha for some of it, and I may mess around with a little bit of calamondin juice instead of key lime.

ecnnUy3.jpg

This sounds excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.