[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a bigger hammer!!:p

it was a 4 pound sledge!

Had a 3ish foot section of true 2x4 stud in the bathroom wall i needed to remove to put a sunken vanity in. It had two nails in it coming from the outside side (exterior sheathing nailed to it). It took a 10 minute beating with the sledge and a 3 foot prybar to get those nails out of it. they werent even ring shank or anyhting, but the wood was so dense they were locked in there tight as coule be.

While in severe storms trees sometimes do just crash over without warning, usually you know when a tree is a risk.

It also helps that hte house is a windbreak for prevailing winds, so the house is gonna protect the tree from the high winds of most storms.

190719858FBIMG1563558547709.jpg

it was a 4 pound sledge!

Had a 3ish foot section of true 2x4 stud in the bathroom wall i needed to remove to put a sunken vanity in. It had two nails in it coming from the outside side (exterior sheathing nailed to it). It took a 10 minute beating with the sledge and a 3 foot prybar to get those nails out of it. they werent even ring shank or anyhting, but the wood was so dense they were locked in there tight as coule be.
Love those 4 lbs minis. Like a Viking God smashing through a remod.
Our Saturday is forecast for 99f. FFS - supposed to go to an outdoor birthday party. The parents always get an ice cream cake - I'll bring a cup and a straw.

This is the tree we're talking about btw:

Nice tree - bit top heavy (in reference to the house smashing potential), no idea how strong those are or how deep the roots go.

Damn, the 2 story part of your house looks like the post & beamer I remodded. Yours is much nicer, particularly the exterior surroundings, mine was in ghetto-ish area. All that picture needs is a hammock and a coupla kids chasing a dog around. Nice.

Nice tree - bit top heavy (in reference to the house smashing potential), no idea how strong those are or how deep the roots go.

Damn, the 2 story part of your house looks like the post & beamer I remodded. Yours is much nicer, particularly the exterior surroundings, mine was in ghetto-ish area. All that picture needs is a hammock and a coupla kids chasing a dog around. Nice.
was just looking at that out of curiosity. Apparently a fairly robust rootsystem species, multiple taproots and deeply diving fibrous root structure rather than shallower root mats

Status
Not open for further replies.