[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
the biggest difference for me is actually talking to my kid about it and apologizing to him. best way to break the cycle.

this. Ive had to talk to my kid a couple times about how i was wrong and i shouldnt have done what i did and apologize. She'll call me out on it too, sometimes accurately, sometimes hilariously.

I've gotten chewed out by a three year old for shouting at alexa, and how that was rude and not nice.

this. Ive had to talk to my kid a couple times about how i was wrong and i shouldnt have done what i did and apologize. She'll call me out on it too, sometimes accurately, sometimes hilariously.

I've gotten chewed out by a three year old for shouting at alexa, and how that was rude and not nice.

Mine calls me out for swearing in front of him all the time
"Eh-hem, dad? Theres a kid in the car, you know."

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
we had the old "if i have any questions, i will ask you" talk when being pestered with unsolicited advice.

we also had to throw out a "look how it turned out for you" comment about how we choose to raise our son, while her son lived at home well into his 30s

@fly
Can we please get a flaming head gravy?

I had sent her several pictures of the baby by then and had been in contact with her - she had a very specific picture in mind (all three of us. not a selfie) and ignored that I explained it would take arranging to do and also that I had no desire to appear in pictures after a traumatic birth & days in hospital in a hospital gown with a split gooch, no sleep, and a fragile baby that was feeding on my raw bleeding nips every hour or so AND that despite all that, I agreed to do it and just hadn't gotten to it yet

I haven’t gotten to the end of the thread, but have you called Olan Mills yet?

Not bugging, just asking.

190823413received1669833036487317.jpg

How are you so logical and smart and your mom is... Well.... Not.
I'm not always great at it, but best I can figure it's probably acting as a foil to their emotionally-driven antics. I definitely fall prey to their mindset more than I'd like but I guess I try to be self aware about it when I can

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and tre
This.

For our family breaking cycle was to stop beating the fuck out of the kids. Dad beat me so bad one time they had to keep me in the house for 2 months of the summer - my back looked a slavemaster whipped me. But it was to be expected considering my grandfather regaled me with how he had hit my dad in the head with a rock and knocked him out. For refusing to dig potatoes.:egads:
While that's obviously a bit excessive, if I had kids, they would ABSOLUTELY get spanked for fucking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.