[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a thing where they interviewed like 5-10 academics and such who would have expertise in the area and they were all "Obviously bombings are bad but he was absolutely right and quite insightful."

I see a "Slave to the Redlight" license plate frame regularly. Which I assume is a reference.
You'd have to be an idiot to think he wasn't correct.

Pol Pot took a similar position.
It's one thing to take an intellectual anti-statist anti-technocrat position.
It's entirely something else to use these ideas to justify genocide (I.E. Pol Pot).
Well yeah, his methods were dumb, but he saw what the rest of us were too dumb and lazy to see.

From an interesting book I read, the population will likely top out at around 10B iirc. And the Earth can support that.
yeah, the Malthusian overpopulation myth is just ecofascism in Groucho glasses

From an interesting book I read, the population will likely top out at around 10B iirc. And the Earth can support that.
I agree. "They" seem to think we're close to the top of the curve then it will go down. Birth control has forced them to continuously change their projections - most people didn't want to have kids, they just wanted to get laid. 95% ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: NukesII
I agree. "They" seem to think we're close to the top of the curve then it will go down. Birth control has forced them to continuously change their projections - most people didn't want to have kids, they just wanted to get laid. 95% ;)
According to the book, what will slow it down is the modernization of the third world. Turns out people don't WANT to have six kids, but when four of them die, you don't really have a choice. The book was about how the world is so much better off than we, as first world Americans, know.

Amazon product ASIN 1250107814
He goes over things like: 88% of 1-year-old children in the world have received some disease vaccination. Crazy.

220113377IMG0252.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.