[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a new build or a re-mod of an existing? That kitchen feels claustrophobic, like throwback to the 70s. Not a fan of those modern builds, like a little office building. My brother lives in a neighborhood where about 1/4 of them are like that. :barf:
New. It really doesn't match the neighborhood. It's like 3 cubes stacked up. The kitchen is actually open on both ends, I was just trying to get pics of the appliances but I agree it's weird feeling. These are the sort of people who have a cook and a maid though.

They also have a library and all the shelves are painted which... Is a choice.

20111721120201117174708.jpg

New. It really doesn't match the neighborhood. It's like 3 cubes stacked up. The kitchen is actually open on both ends, I was just trying to get pics of the appliances but I agree it's weird feeling. These are the sort of people who have a cook and a maid though.

They also have a library and all the shelves are painted which... Is a choice.
Europeans? It has a very old-school Euro feel. Either that or new money, everything is big but not classy (imo). The tile, the dark, massive wood cabinet for the built-ins. And yet, the cheapest counter-top construction possible. Don't forget to lay down some caulk for the backsplash!! *That was a joke.

Europeans? It has a very old-school Euro feel. Either that or new money, everything is big but not classy (imo). The tile, the dark, massive wood cabinet for the built-ins. And yet, the cheapest counter-top construction possible. Don't forget to lay down some caulk for the backsplash!! *That was a joke.
Definitely americans and older. I think maybe an architect's gone wild moment. There are actually no interior walls cept for the bathrooms. Every room divider where there is even one is like a fireplace or a row of cabinets.

There are also houses on both sides but if you're standing on the floor no matter what window you look out all you can see is water or trees.

I was surprised by the countertop. It's actually just plaster on plywood and feels hollow.

The house itself is pretty bombproof though. Floors are concrete slabs walls are 2x6 with cement block and stucco exterior.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Definitely americans and older. I think maybe an architect's gone wild moment. There are actually no interior walls cept for the bathrooms. Every room divider where there is even one is like a fireplace or a row of cabinets.

There are also houses on both sides but if you're standing on the floor no matter what window you look out all you can see is water or trees.

I was surprised by the countertop. It's actually just plaster on plywood and feels hollow.

The house itself is pretty bombproof though. Floors are concrete slabs walls are 2x6 with cement block and stucco exterior.
Interesting about the counter-top. Base for something else (concrete) or is it like a Venetian Plaster deal where it's mainly lime and ground stone that gets heavily sealed or waxed? Basically self-heals while taking on a aged look.

Having a Scout simplifies navigating autumn trails; just follow the dog. Getting a little cold out for him though.

@Jehannum After you mentioned it I noticed he's becoming more generally vocal, other than "I *BARK* HEARD A *BARK* NOISE OUT*BARK*SIDE!" This little punk let out a long groan as I restlessly rolled over in bed for the third time the other night.

Interesting about the counter-top. Base for something else (concrete) or is it like a Venetian Plaster deal where it's mainly lime and ground stone that gets heavily sealed or waxed? Basically self-heals while taking on a aged look.
It looks like unpolished limestone until you knock on it and it's sealed with something. I wasnt there when it was installed. Definitely the finished top though, we literally re-covered it in cardboard every few days.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Smokey sounds like this:

My Scout is crossed with a hound of some sort, so her bark isn't high pitched, but it isn't a stupid hound's bay, fortunately.

Oh thank god no, boy Scout is deeper than that. He's hound too, and occasionally there are twinges of houndy vocalizations. He's ran into a few bear analogues and it's neat to see the hunter come out: barking and skittering around.

Status
Not open for further replies.