[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a friend with epilepsy, I just used to sit down and lay his head on my lap and chat to him til it stopped. Never really come across it with anyone else in person.
The first seizure was a huge shock because she hadn't told me, and we were in her house alone. I started to run to the neighbours when I ran into her older brother coming home. He was able to take care of the situation, and taught me what to do.

I think I've only met 3 people with epilepsy in my life. It must be pretty rare.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
The first seizure was a huge shock because she hadn't told me, and we were in her house alone. I started to run to the neighbours when I ran into her older brother coming home. He was able to take care of the situation, and taught me what to do.

I think I've only met 3 people with epilepsy in my life. It must be pretty rare.
I've known a few but only seen his fits in person. The first time was at a woodland rave on ecstasy. Seemed to help me not freak out and just be cool and proactive about it all.

Long story

• Gravy
Reactions: OzSTEEZ

I had a gf when I was 13-14 who's little brother had it - I got to have a go at holding the little dude(5-ish?) down while she stopped him from biting his tongue. They've got a lot better at treating it. Dogs sometimes have it. Seen that too.

20081398image000000.jpg

I've dogsat two dogs with epilepsy, separately. The one was on meds.

The beagle was like super special needs and had this big vein on his neck/shoulders and he had a seizure while I was watching him, it was pretty terrifying really. Just held him down in my lap as he kept trying to stand and wondering if I had triggered it by petting him too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.