[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
200114150IMG20200113171634.jpg

with the hardware on...

I don't consider it self mutilation. Nowhere near that, not a compulsion wihich SM is.. Just looked like a bruise to me. It's not analgous to a beard - it's permanent for all practical matter. Considering how most peeps here(including self) don't trust the government, I'm wondering WHY put a god damned serial number on your body. Almost every tattoo is getting photographed and becoming part of a database when people are arrested for anything. MArk of the beast ;)

I appreciate all fuck offs. I probably should have left the original post in my head. I do get that. But you didn't actual indicate where I was wrong.
Carry on.
It does look bruisy for sure, is it the best art design? Nope. Is it the most aesthetically pleasing tattoo I have? Nope. Is it an exact ink print of my dogs actual paw print, with his actual skin spores and hair strokes placed on my thigh where he would often pat me? Yes.

I think the government collecting data on my tattoos is the least of my worries about privacy. I have no plans on being arrested and have managed never to be so, I don't really understand why I would have any kind of unfounded paranoia about such things, and if it was actually founded and based in reality then there's not much I could do about it anyway. That's how hierarchy, structure and power works unfortunately. Living as a woman my whole life has taught me that lesson pretty easily.

Where you were wrong is making an assumption that you had superior knowledge or training when you really don't know much about many people here at all. I wouldn't presume to hold knowledge superior to you in an area because I don't know the first thing about you, therefore I found your claim about your grief counselling certificate making you some kind of expert really amusing and so I called it out.

Where you were wrong is making an assumption that you had superior knowledge or training when you really don't know much about many people here at all. I wouldn't presume to hold knowledge superior to you in an area because I don't know the first thing about you, therefore I found your claim about your grief counselling certificate making you some kind of expert really amusing and so I called it out.
Nah, he actually believes that his lack of knowledge makes him, paradoxically, more qualified to dish out advice. The "Expert Layman" and all that.

It does look bruisy for sure, is it the best art design? Nope. Is it the most aesthetically pleasing tattoo I have? Nope. Is it an exact ink print of my dogs actual paw print, with his actual skin spores and hair strokes placed on my thigh where he would often pat me? Yes.

I think the government collecting data on my tattoos is the least of my worries about privacy. I have no plans on being arrested and have managed never to be so, I don't really understand why I would have any kind of unfounded paranoia about such things, and if it was actually founded and based in reality then there's not much I could do about it anyway. That's how hierarchy, structure and power works unfortunately. Living as a woman my whole life has taught me that lesson pretty easily.

I had already sussed out about the dog print, I remember things about people and their pets.

Privacy fears were generic - of course they don't apply to everyone.

I never made any claim of vast superiority, but I obviously question how much most people have actually thought about these things. My ancedotal experience has been that most people do little thinking about their grief and rather just try to plow through. You believe in somatic therapy, I think somatic therapies are trying to influence the dharma. Not every psychological issue is a trauma so somatic therapy isn't a cure all. But neither is a strictly mind/dharma approuch. Never claimed to be an expert, doesn't sound like you can make that claim either. I think your response was primarily an ad hominem because I commented on the tattoo and you wanted to keep up the good ol UF standards.

And thanks for that "my gender makes me understand shit better" speal. I'll try to use my ethnicity,gender and age as supporting information in future discourse on things that have little to do with those.

Last edited:
Nah, he actually believes that his lack of knowledge makes him, paradoxically, more qualified to dish out advice. The "Expert Layman" and all that.
Keep twisting it. I have only put forth the idea that some purported experts don't keep up on their shit and some dedicated lay people have therefore surpassed them in actual expertise.

I had already sussed out about the dog print, I remember things about people and their pets.

Privacy fears were generic - of course they don't apply to everyone.

I never made any claim of vast superiority, but I obviously question how much most people have actually thought about these things. My ancedotal experience has been that most people do little thinking about their grief and rather just try to plow through. You believe in somatic therapy, I think somatic therapies are trying to influence the dharma. Not every psychological issue is a trauma so somatic therapy isn't a cure all. But neither is a strictly mind/dharma approuch. Never claimed to be an expert, doesn't sound like you can make that claim either. I think your response was primarily an ad hominem because I commented on the tattoo and you wanted to keep up the good ol UF standards.

And thanks for that "my gender makes me understand shit better" speal. I'll try to use my ethnicity,gender and age as supporting information in future discourse on things that have little to do with those.
You make a lot of assumptions.

You assumed you knew more about grief for some weird reason with little backing. You also assume I have a belief in somatic therapies, and then attach a judgement around an assumption that I have a belief in it being a cure all.

You lack curiosity and it makes you appear more stupid than you maybe are, I wouldn't assume to know but your level of understanding isn't coming across particularly well unfortunately.

Thanks for the layman explanation around trauma and dismissal of gender oppression. I think I'll stick with my profession, academia and areas where actually I would happily agree to being expert. One of those areas would be trauma. Another would be in my own experiencing, life story and understanding of patriarchy and privilege.There are various others where I'm expert and happy enough to (and do) train and educate others to a high level any day of the week. The level at which someone is expert is of course debatable, I'm not an authority but I have a wealth of experience that others benefit from. This much I know, and in the future I'll only know more. :)

You make a lot of assumptions.

You assumed you knew more about grief for some weird reason with little backing. You also assume I have a belief in somatic therapies, and then attach a judgement around an assumption that I have a belief in it being a cure all.

You lack curiosity and it makes you appear more stupid than you maybe are, I wouldn't assume to know but your level of understanding isn't coming across particularly well unfortunately.

Thanks for the layman explanation around trauma and dismissal of gender oppression. I think I'll stick with my profession, academia and areas where actually I would happily agree to being expert. One of those areas would be trauma. Another would be in my own experiencing, life story and understanding of patriarchy and privilege.There are various others where I'm expert and happy enough to (and do) train and educate others to a high level any day of the week. The level at which someone is expert is of course debatable, I'm not an authority but I have a wealth of experience that others benefit from. This much I know, and in the future I'll only know more. :)
You made a lot of assumptions too.
You obviously have a belief in it "I love the somatic healing experience of working through the emotional pain through the psychical* experience so suck on it. " * believe you meant physical.

I'm an extremely curious person - that was just ridiculous.

You're doing the gender/oppression thing again. There is a whole world of other hurt out there that has little or nothing to do with those.

You say authority, we say expert over here. I too am constantly improving my knowledge base. I too have a wealth of experience(and formal education) that others benefit from. I presume as much because they seek me out.

You made a lot of assumptions too.
You obviously have a belief in it "I love the somatic healing experience of working through the emotional pain through the psychical* experience so suck on it. " * believe you meant physical.

I'm an extremely curious person - that was just ridiculous.

You're doing the gender/oppression thing again. There is a whole world of other hurt out there that has little or nothing to do with those.

You say authority, we say expert over here. I too am constantly improving my knowledge base. I too have a wealth of experience(and formal education) that others benefit from. I presume as much because they seek me out.
I accept your backtracking and apology. Give yourself a pat on the back

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie

Here you go. More to learn!
I LOVED that! Using a tattoo to remove some of the past trauma's grip is very cool. You cut yourself in the past, now the scar can be part of something with more positive association. The last sentence was particularly touching, got some moist eyes. t.y.

Status
Not open for further replies.