[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thsi cats got some balls

d8pd33omlv931.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Metallica balances the bass mix beginning at about 250 hz, trying to get it as guitar nasally as possible. Then they pot it down to several DB below the guitars.

The trick to getting Newstead era Metallica bass tone is to go to your graphic equalizer, move the far left slider all the way to the bottom, the far right one all the way to the top, then use the others to draw a straight line between them.

• Haha
Reactions: nukes
The trick to getting Newstead era Metallica bass tone is to go to your graphic equalizer, move the far left slider all the way to the bottom, the far right one all the way to the top, then use the others to draw a straight line between them.
The best way to get a Metallica bass sound is to just unplug your f'n bass.

The best way to get a Metallica bass sound is to just unplug your f'n bass.

That's why I specified Newstead era.
Burton era had bass.
Saw them with Trujillo and there was bass, though I don't know if they allow it on recordings, might've been a mistake.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
That reminds me I need to add that Metallica show to my list of arena shows that didn't sound like shit. That makes 3.

They did it theatre in the round with appropriate sound setup. Did not attempt to blast a million decibels from one source. Twas good.

Status
Not open for further replies.