[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
You waited too long to react to what was obviously going to happen.

That one's on you.

It's one of those "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" moments.
I fully expect and watch for everyone to do this, the speed, distance, and time involved didn't allow any other choices.

I'm sure your insurance agent will be very understanding when you explain it to him with those sorts of words (I DRIVE PERFECT!)
Obviously I didn't.

I know this is just the internet but I'm fully a professional driver, not just because I'm paid to do it. Guys at work (one of the strictest cultures of safety wrt driving) thought I was just another cocky kid when I started, but now they know.

I was actually told by a coworker last week, "I know you still run this place, they fear you." (verbatim) which was a shock because I've been pretty mellow for at least half a year.

Mostly I just do my job and go home, so it's always a surprise when I hear that I'm apparently being discussed. It's only business.

I have made mistakes in the past which luckily never resulted in an accident, but I learned from them.

More importantly I've been hit enough times to know how much it sucks and to always watch for it.

My "badassery" is mostly just defensiveness coupled with the way my weird brain reflects on my visage and social interactions. Some folk fear what they can't understand, and I don't care to explain myself at work. If they knew then they'd know, but if they don't it might unfairly color their perception of me.

Edit: I used "visage" instead of "face" because it describes a bit more than just the face and my weird brain demands precision.

Last edited:
22012466520220124223649.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.