[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking hate this website now. It hates my phone too. If you finish a word it's stuck there, you can't backspace, edit, correct, or anything without being a royal pain in the ass. Even just there it spelled ass as ads. Try to backspace it throws your whole keyboard away. It's fucking irritating as he'll and this is the only site that does it.
^ watch the fucking bullshit that ensues when I simply try to remove the apostrophe from he'll to make it hell.
This is the only website on the whole internet that does it as far as I can tell and it's done it for a long time too. Fuck this shit.
It used to work so smooth now it's all fucked up.

I fucking hate this website now. It hates my phone too. If you finish a word it's stuck there, you can't backspace, edit, correct, or anything without being a royal pain in the ass. Even just there it spelled ass as ads. Try to backspace it throws your whole keyboard away. It's fucking irritating as he'll and this is the only site that does it.
^ watch the fucking bullshit that ensues when I simply try to remove the apostrophe from he'll to make it hell.
This is the only website on the whole internet that does it as far as I can tell and it's done it for a long time too. Fuck this shit.
242046594_10158323778648342_685734310545698286_n.jpg

I'm sorry for going off like that. I realize I'm getting exactly what I'm paying for and it's real shitty of me to expect something for free. I apologize. I was wrong. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive my being such a shitty person in this instance. If not, no problem, I deserve whatever I got coming for being such an entitled piece of shit.

I'm sorry for going off like that. I realize I'm getting exactly what I'm paying for and it's real shitty of me to expect something for free. I apologize. I was wrong. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive my being such a shitty person in this instance. If not, no problem, I deserve whatever I got coming for being such an entitled piece of shit.

treehouse of horror 90s GIF

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Fix ur fukn fone

• Gravy
When did this start happening? I don't think I've made any changes in the last couple of months? Weird.

Lot of places have a settings icon (gear wheel/sprocket looking thing) to turn on all the extraneous crap above the text box. Bold, italics, auto-gif, drag/drop various types of files, etc. Leave it off and the typing works normally, turn it on and the fuckery begins. I don't see a gear wheel deal here to shut that stuff off until you actually need it. Seems to be always on, and thus fucks with my keyboard.

Not a huge problem but sucks to edit/add to/remove/correct shit you already wrote.
Backspace works normally as long as you're still "inside" the word. Finish the word (hit the spacebar) and it's all fucked just trying to backspace through the space you just made.

Seeing as the vast majority of the world interacts through their phones you'd think that would take priority as far as making things smooth and intuitive and the geezer laptop/desktop stuff take a back seat if necessary as they have so many more functions anyway.

When did this start happening? I don't think I've made any changes in the last couple of months? Weird.
See post after yours about the settings icon "gear wheel" button.

It's been a long time I just deal with it/haven't complained about 'cause you're already doing all this for us for free and I don't want to be a bitch.

Of course some sort of user error or ignorance is also a real possibility.

Lot of places have a settings icon (gear wheel/sprocket looking thing) to turn on all the extraneous crap above the text box. Bold, italics, auto-gif, drag/drop various types of files, etc. Leave it off and the typing works normally, turn it on and the fuckery begins. I don't see a gear wheel deal here to shut that stuff off until you actually need it. Seems to be always on, and thus fucks with my keyboard.

Not a huge problem but sucks to edit/add to/remove/correct shit you already wrote.
Backspace works normally as long as you're still "inside" the word. Finish the word (hit the spacebar) and it's all fucked just trying to backspace through the space you just made.

Seeing as the vast majority of the world interacts through their phones you'd think that would take priority as far as making things smooth and intuitive and the geezer laptop/desktop stuff take a back seat if necessary as they have so many more functions anyway.
I typed my whole "Fix ur fukn fone" on a phone, and it didn't once try to bite my cock off.

I typed my whole "Fix ur fukn fone" on a phone, and it didn't once try to bite my cock off.
Did you try to backspace and change any words after you wrote them?

It may indeed just be some deal with my phone but it doesn't do it other places unless you enable all the function stuff at the top of the text box.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the problem right so I apologize if this isn't helpful, but in case it is:

Screenshot_20210917-090805_Chrome.jpg

1. click on the rightmost three dots
2. click on the code brackets

that will toggle the "extraneous crap" and at least for me, those settings are retained from page to page

I definitely do get some fuckery going on sometimes with it not letting me type normally/not letting me backspace right/jumping words/etc but I can't say for sure what the common denominator is for me because this is the only browser page I spend significant time typing into, and it doesn't happen every time (but I'm too annoyed in the moment to remember to take good notes about everything when it does go wrong lol)

• Gravy
I have more little problems typing posts here than anywhere else also, but I don’t post much elsewhere either, and I jerk like I have Parkinson’s half the time and accidentally hit keys but yes, some of it is here. I’ll try to describe it sometime but right now, everything is my fuckin fault.

• Gravy
I shouldn't've even mentioned anything. No need to mess with the site or make people work when I can just work around it.

^ proper use of double contraction = 1 free ice cream.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I like ice cream and was enjoying a bowl or two a day

When I lived at home. Waaaa

Kroger Cookies and Cream with a cone crumbled in the bowl with it. FUCK

• Gravy
I'm not sure if I'm understanding the problem right so I apologize if this isn't helpful, but in case it is:

View attachment 14910

1. click on the rightmost three dots
2. click on the code brackets

that will toggle the "extraneous crap" and at least for me, those settings are retained from page to page

I definitely do get some fuckery going on sometimes with it not letting me type normally/not letting me backspace right/jumping words/etc but I can't say for sure what the common denominator is for me because this is the only browser page I spend significant time typing into, and it doesn't happen every time (but I'm too annoyed in the moment to remember to take good notes about everything when it does go wrong lol)

You know what? THIS WORKED!!!!

I would've never thought to try clicking on the code brackets. Now shit works normal thank you so much you've saved me so much frustration.

Let me know if you need some help fixing a leaky faucet or a Pontiac or something, I owe you one.

Status
Not open for further replies.