[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang! Is that a nursery or your house?? My step mom was master gardener of the year for the state of GA or some shit like that recently and she doesn't even have that much stuff at home. She does mostly offsite charity work.
That's my garden stuff. I'll do about 45 tomatoes(7 varieties), 80 peppers(7-8 varieties?), eggplants, herbs, and some other stuff. Now have about 70' running feet of 8' cattle fence trellis, about 40' of 50"(CP turned normal direction) for some shorter stuff. 2000 sq or garden, another 14X20 overflow for sunflowers and pumpkins. I start 20% more of all plants than listed above because I have 4 kids and 3 steps, all of who are growing something this year - from a few legit gardens to window boxes. *The 5 fig trees sleep in the garage until January, then they come into our living room and join the other 24 plants. Including the 14' tree in the foyer. :)
How that for going Pro Grade! :p

i
That's my garden stuff. I'll do about 45 tomatoes(7 varieties), 80 peppers(7-8 varieties?), eggplants, herbs, and some other stuff. Now have about 70' running feet of 8' cattle fence trellis, about 40' of 50"(CP turned normal direction) for some shorter stuff. 2000 sq or garden, another 14X20 overflow for sunflowers and pumpkins. I start 20% more of all plants than listed above because I have 4 kids and 3 steps, all of who are growing something this year - from a few legit gardens to window boxes. *The 5 fig trees sleep in the garage until January, then they come into our living room and join the other 24 plants. Including the 14' tree in the foyer. :)
How that for going Pro Grade! :p
Im really not that far off from you in size, but your operation seems so much huger.

I have 48 feet of cattle panel trellises for tomatoes, another 32 feet for cukes (but taller) and a bunch of open space.

You definitely do way more peppers than i do though, i do 20ish max

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
i

Im really not that far off from you in size, but your operation seems so much huger.

I have 48 feet of cattle panel trellises for tomatoes, another 32 feet for cukes (but taller) and a bunch of open space.

You definitely do way more peppers than i do though, i do 20ish max
I have to ask. What happened with your seed starting? You had your light in early Feb., seeds in mid Feb(based on your order timing) - 13 weeks later you start plants? You're 3 zones warmer than me. Seems you'd have foot-tall plants in the ground on the tomatoes, peppers and eggplant by now.:iono:

Size: I strive for and usually achieve $1/sq. foot(including the pathways), in after-tax dollars, of produce. At non-organic prices, although this is all organic. I run a tight operation which is admittedly a bit 1%. Like Jehannum and his cars. :)
Probably 300 lbs of onions and 100 lbs of leeks in this 250 sq.' - plus some other stuffs.
1620140743795.png

21050411516201409925423877358591339460539.jpg

I have to ask. What happened with your seed starting? You had your light in early Feb., seeds in mid Feb(based on your order timing) - 13 weeks later you start plants? You're 3 zones warmer than me. Seems you'd have foot-tall plants in the ground on the tomatoes, peppers and eggplant by now.:iono:

Size: I strive for and usually achieve $1/sq. foot(including the pathways), in after-tax dollars, of produce. At non-organic prices, although this is all organic. I run a tight operation which is admittedly a bit 1%. Like Jehannum and his cars. :)
Probably 300 lbs of onions and 100 lbs of leeks in this 250 sq.' - plus some other stuffs.
View attachment 14187
life. i have maybe 30 minutes free to myself a day and im usually exhausted, and I prefer to spend that 30 minutes actually seeing peanut than trying to do projects.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
life. i have maybe 30 minutes free to myself a day and im usually exhausted, and I prefer to spend that 30 minutes actually seeing peanut than trying to do projects.
hmmm . . . .For a casual, you sure have spent a lot of time and energy arguing with me the last 3 years - to the point I had to restrict my posting at some point each summer, to have PEACE from your thinly-veiled, side-swiping, shade-casting at what I am doing. To very great results. I'm unsympathetic AF at your time crunch and exhaustion you poor youngster - and laughing. Nobody gets sour over Jehannums 7 cars, his results and the time he spends. I keep hoping your programming will be updated to have the same appreciation for someone who kills it on gardening at a level you are NOT. Haven't enjoyed your attitude at all.
We both have earned our results to date and nothing more. You could always go back to teasing valve.

hmmm . . . .For a casual, you sure have spent a lot of time and energy arguing with me the last 3 years - to the point I had to restrict my posting at some point each summer, to have PEACE from your thinly-veiled, side-swiping, shade-casting at what I am doing. To very great results. I'm unsympathetic AF at your time crunch and exhaustion you poor youngster - and laughing. Nobody gets sour over Jehannums 7 cars, his results and the time he spends. I keep hoping your programming will be updated to have the same appreciation for someone who kills it on gardening at a level you are NOT. Haven't enjoyed your attitude at all.
We both have earned our results to date and nothing more. You could always go back to teasing valve.
no shade towards your techique, your stuff obviously works well.

no shade towards your techique, your stuff obviously works well.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Then why have you spent so much time telling me how my shit ain't gonna work? Normal conversations would include better idea flow and sharing. I'm not really enjoying unloading in this fashion, actually sucks when I feel compelled to get the prick out of my pocket. Makes me sad-mad. I greatly prefer to be helpful.
But thank you. Wishing you good luck with your growing season.

i dont remember doing that at all. I made some comment about recalling that blurple wasnt the best anymore i guess. Not that its busted, just that when i bought my stuff i learned that

i dont remember doing that at all. I made some comment about recalling that blurple wasnt the best anymore i guess. Not that its busted, just that when i bought my stuff i learned that
Nitrogen starving my shit, deep planting doesn't work and on and on. Maybe it was me but it felt very jealous(wants the other person to fail) vs. envious(man, wish I could do that) at the time. I realize some of it was the dichotomy of the site 3 years ago - bass players are supposed to be slobbering pizza delivery guys. We are - just sometimes we want vegetable toppings.
I'll try to be less "ProGrade will stomp your seeds sonny!" for my part. Someone else stomps me. Such is life.

Status
Not open for further replies.