[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up doing shampoo on a cloth and then rinsing with another cloth. Washed his collar too. I think it was just from him sniffing around it because it wasn't super strong.

With his self-cleaning fur he doesnt ever really need washed unless he rolls in something. It's great because he'll get muddy on our hikes but is generally clean by the time we make it home.

I ended up doing shampoo on a cloth and then rinsing with another cloth. Washed his collar too. I think it was just from him sniffing around it because it wasn't super strong.

With his self-cleaning fur he doesnt ever really need washed unless he rolls in something. It's great because he'll get muddy on our hikes but is generally clean by the time we make it home.
Self cleaning fur? :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Self cleaning fur? :lol:

My Tornjak was like that. Covered in mud, massive coat, went to sleep and once the mud dried it flaked off and he had a lovely white coat again. Wouldn't be good for much being an outdoor breed without a self maintaining coat. Doesn't mean they don't smell though :lol:
#justheelerthings

Either he doesn't really smell most of the time or I'm inured to it. Doesnt even get mich of that wet dog smell really.

210413685IMG20210413044352206.jpg

Goooooob morning! Appreciate the hecking slabs of meat that are his rear legs, please. Strong boy
Nice legs, big doggie. :hi2u:
That stretch - that's our ritual in the morning when we come in. He sits and waits for me to lay on the floor, then he flops down and snuggles up so he can stretch like a mad man while I scratch him to insanity. Then I play dead and let him walk on my back - first dog that would do that.
#justheelerthings

Either he doesn't really smell most of the time or I'm inured to it. Doesnt even get mich of that wet dog smell really.
I wonder if the roan coat areas help with the longer , light hairs. For a sturdy coat it has that soft, initial touch in the roan areas. The sollid dark patches have a slightly different feel. Does your guy have a spot on the back? My guy is too young to have got much stank on him - yet.:p

Nice legs, big doggie. :hi2u:
That stretch - that's our ritual in the morning when we come in. He sits and waits for me to lay on the floor, then he flops down and snuggles up so he can stretch like a mad man while I scratch him to insanity. Then I play dead and let him walk on my back - first dog that would do that.

I wonder if the roan coat areas help with the longer , light hairs. For a sturdy coat it has that soft, initial touch in the roan areas. The sollid dark patches have a slightly different feel. Does your guy have a spot on the back? My guy is too young to have got much stank on him - yet.:p

He does have a spot, it's closer in feel to his mask than his body. Also it's slightly longer/thicker/curly or something than his other body fur.

Keep in mind he's a mutt. Got a houndy body with some heeler muscle.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Ah - now I see the spot. Yep, seems to be the typical spot, same here. And the white "Bentley Mark/Star" on the forehead. And the ever so slightly whiter tail base. He may be a mutt but still close enough to be called a heeler. Good looking dag :)

Last edited:
My Tornjak was like that. Covered in mud, massive coat, went to sleep and once the mud dried it flaked off and he had a lovely white coat again. Wouldn't be good for much being an outdoor breed without a self maintaining coat. Doesn't mean they don't smell though :lol:

the smell of wet dog makes me fkn vomit

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
Status
Not open for further replies.