[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
200517824FullSizeR.jpg

This is a special edition pressed on two LPs. Nice fat deep grooves.

Cracked into my first chunk of homemade cheese, "Leiden" made using the recipe on Gavin Webber's youtube channel.

Came out aight. Didn't press it hard enough so there's air in it, I used buttermilk instead of proper cheese culture so it doesn't have much of a cheesy flavor and the flavor is all cumin. But hey, I incompetently dove into something and ended up with a passable result.

Cracked into my first chunk of homemade cheese, "Leiden" made using the recipe on Gavin Webber's youtube channel.

Came out aight. Didn't press it hard enough so there's air in it, I used buttermilk instead of proper cheese culture so it doesn't have much of a cheesy flavor and the flavor is all cumin. But hey, I incompetently dove into something and ended up with a passable result.
man, thats awesome. Ive always wanted to make cheese. And you went straight for a real cheese, not a fresh cheese like ricotta or mozz

man, thats awesome. Ive always wanted to make cheese. And you went straight for a real cheese, not a fresh cheese like ricotta or mozz
First thing I made was cheese curds following this recipe:

Leiden was my 2nd time making cheese and I haven't tried anything since. Since then I've got my hands on a couple mesophilic and a couple thermophilic cultures, and still have a fair bit of rennet left. Been spending a good bit of time looking at new recipes, looks like I gotta get my hands on some lipase and then I'm gonna try making feta and parmesan.

Another thing that looks easy is this Boursin clone. Once the herbs in the garden fill in a little better, I'll definitely be giving this a try. Looks like it goes together real quick and easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.