[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
200123314Resized20200110202252.jpg
we're trying to start her appreciation for not-drums early, because both when she was in my guts and now that she's out, she has shown a definite preference for drums and I can't afford to have a drummer

we're trying to start her appreciation for not-drums early, because both when she was in my guts and now that she's out, she has shown a definite preference for drums and I can't afford to have a drummer
I think that's a baby phase of exploration, I wouldn't worry too much about her future drumming interests, tis the simplest of instruments to master hence why small babies start there and then evolve on to more interesting occupations.

I just of course. I fucking love drummers

• Haha
Reactions: august
Yeah and they've declined since the 80s. People still buy vinyls so I expect nothing can die, but one day it will be highly unusual to see a drum set, especially an acoustic one.
All instruments are declining in that regard. Schools have quit having free programs for music, many have shuttered their music departments. For 7 years I was able to get a full size string bass for $10/yr. because our school district had bought a boatload of instruments when the auto plants was booming and the taxes were rolling. Without that free push from the schools, most parents are disinclined to pay for private lessons. And the kids have different distractions at their fingertips.

she has gone 3x! dark brown, so its not black (YAY)
she is currently sleeping in her bag (her safe spot) on my desk while i work.
she slept with me last night IN MY BED lol and she was great.. slept the whole night.

thank god i took her in.
thanks familia!
IN BED IS SO FUCKING GROCE

I think that's a baby phase of exploration, I wouldn't worry too much about her future drumming interests, tis the simplest of instruments to master hence why small babies start there and then evolve on to more interesting occupations.

I just of course. I fucking love drummers
she isnt drumming much herself yet, but she gets super excited when she hears music with particularly drummy bits. but she also loves when her dad plays guitar or dad-guitar at her. either way, I'm just glad when it's not Let It Go again, we've already started on the "if there is a song I like, I must hear it over and over" thing. tbf I'm 33 and I do the same thing still, but it's different when it's what *I* wanna hear

Status
Not open for further replies.