This is why CCW works

FlamingGlory said:
Reliability with plastic guns is iffy though i've ont even touched one of those (semi-illegal for me to even handle pistols here in NY). ^__^ I'm building something right now actually which I am going to make a thread about later this week if I can find a camera.

Gratutitous rifle picture:

SNS_SHTF.jpg

*waves hand in Jedi fashion

You will mail the lower to me, then forget you ever saw it.

unfortunately I live in one of the four states that refuses to allow any kind of CCW, which sucks because I'd feel more comfortable going into Chicago at night with an XD on my hip

The Illinois gov't is considering revising the firearm laws and removing the FOID card requirement but I doubt that's going to happen. Least I'll have a better idea of who to vote for.

FlyNavy said:
unfortunately I live in one of the four states that refuses to allow any kind of CCW, which sucks because I'd feel more comfortable going into Chicago at night with an XD on my hip

The Illinois gov't is considering revising the firearm laws and removing the FOID card requirement but I doubt that's going to happen. Least I'll have a better idea of who to vote for.

There's an XD not 3 feet away in my backpack right now. :p

Sarcasmo said:
Reliability in plastic guns is no more iffy than metal ones.
The Bushmaster pistols (used to, not sure about now) had some feeding problems. Magwells out of spec etc. Gas systems on SBRs/Pistols can be tricky to get working etc. I didn't mean glocks if that's what youre thinking :p

FlamingGlory said:
The Bushmaster pistols (used to, not sure about now) had some feeding problems. Magwells out of spec etc. Gas systems on SBRs/Pistols can be tricky to get working etc. I didn't mean glocks if that's what youre thinking :p

I've read in a few places that the Carbons do have some feeding issues, but not enough that I'd totally discount them.

You have to admit that having a ultralight, high-capacity, and relatively easily conceable and storable weapon is an appealing thought.

KNYTE said:
I've read in a few places that the Carbons do have some feeding issues, but not enough that I'd totally discount them.

You have to admit that having a ultralight, high-capacity, and relatively easily conceable and storable weapon is an appealing thought.
Of course you could build one (with an aluminum receiver, RRA has pistol marked ones now). With a suppressor... :drool:

or get something like:

mp7_03.jpg

KNYTE said:
Who here would carry a concealed weapon (gun)? Who here would carry something like this http://www.defensedevices.com/aspkeydefender.html (pepper spray)?

What are the reasons that you have to not carry/be trained in using firearms for personal defense purposes?

I'm genuinely curious people, please toss out some input.
I used to carry pepper spray when I live in ATL. There were many times on Marta that I sat with my hand in my pocket and my finger on the trigger