this is very unsettling

InfluX

Flaccid Member
Apr 1, 2006
the last frontier.
Marklar
₥0
my beta, The Baron, has been chasing his own tail. i've never seen a fish behave this way. he only started doing this when i moved his bowl into a warmer room. i'm not sure if it's just me or if his tail is looking a wee bit more tattered.

he's also swimming with his fins flared out quite a bit more, but not his gills.

strangest pet behavior i've seen in awhile (the tail chasing thing)

Try putting an object between the bowl and the major light source in the room. If he's seeing a reflection inside his bowl it should be a matter of changing the light and how it reflects off of things around the fishbowl.

Get him a cigarrete, some coffee, and let him read the Wall Street Journal - that'll cool him out a bit

spookyfish.gif

Ok, I now understand why people have this "are you insane?" look when I talk about my dog. Because I am thinking right now is "ITS A FUCKING FISH." Ahem.
Its not really hard to see when in animal is agitated and it displaying agressive behavior because of it. Betas do one of two things when they're stressed for long periods of time 1. die 2. try and jump out of the bowl they're in.

Something is really pissing it off and I would suggest putting it back in the place it was because usually beta die quickly from stress. I compare those dam fish to the dam chameleons I used to own, both very picky about positioning and die very quickly from stress.