This is the story of how I'm retarded.

taivas

Erect Member
Aug 12, 2008
coffeeland
Marklar
₥82
So my Thanksgiving plans are to take the week off, fly up to Seattle, visit the family. The flight with the best arrival time (my grandparents don't like staying up late) has me leaving Tampa at 7:40, meaning I have to be up at about 5AM.

11/22, 11:30PM: Decide to go to bed. Since I've been sick, decide to take some cold medicine before I go to bed. Not thinking, I choose the Nyquil instead of the Dayquil.

11/23, 9:00AM: I wake up. I determine shortly thereafter (about half a second, to be exact) that the sun shining through my bedroom window is A Bad Sign.

A hefty flight change fee and two long flights later... here I am.

Oh well, nobody said vacations were easy.

That's like one of my major phobias, and as such, is the reason why I almost never sleep the night before an early morning flight the next day.

I got stinking drunk one time on a business trip and woke up 3 hours after my flight left. It sucked so bad because I had to catch a flight later that day with tons of long layovers instead of the fairly direct flight I had. It added over 6 hours to my flight time and I had the worse hangover.

My cousin did something like that, twice. He was at the airport and asked one of the people working at the gate to wake him up when they started boarding. They didn't. Got another flight and did the same thing again.:tard:

bah. i couldn't miss a flight if i tried, due to anxiety of missing a flight. glad you're there now!! time to mix some drinks and settle in.

I think I'm the most relaxed traveller I know. I don't worry much about missing flights and stuff. I've never done it, but I assume that it'll happen someday and I'll deal with it. I love to travel, but I never get so tense about it.

For the OP, I'm glad there was another flight available for you! :)