APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
title_tablets_new.jpg

Isn't that a bad slogan? Eww. :confused:

As hillarious as the advertising campaign may be, I find myself wondering why kids get so much indigestion and heartburn these days. The commercials mention this a lot. I am lucky enough not to get heartburn too often, but certainly never got it as a child, and I don't think I knew any other kids that got it. I always thought this was something that afflicted older people with less healthy eating habits. What are we feeding kids these days? Also, when I was a kid, I took regular pepto for upset stomach, just less of it. Why do we need a children's pepto anyway?

eileenbunny said:
As hillarious as the advertising campaign may be, I find myself wondering why kids get so much indigestion and heartburn these days. The commercials mention this a lot. I am lucky enough not to get heartburn too often, but certainly never got it as a child, and I don't think I knew any other kids that got it. I always thought this was something that afflicted older people with less healthy eating habits. What are we feeding kids these days? Also, when I was a kid, I took regular pepto for upset stomach, just less of it. Why do we need a children's pepto anyway?

it's needed because it's offered. Think about all the things you have and don't need. Then, consider why you have them.

eileenbunny said:
I hate myself when I think down that path. I suppose you are right about that though.
Good good, hating yourself is the key to hating everyone else. Then you will have powar ^__^

eileenbunny said:

i get killer heartburn because i drink too much and like spicy food. i just assumed that's why kids were getting it also.

thrawn said:
i get killer heartburn because i drink too much and like spicy food. i just assumed that's why kids were getting it also.
Gotta be genetic. I drink far too much and practically live on spicy food, never had it in my life. Of course when I was 9 I also ate half an ice cream cake in one sitting. :confused:

FlamingGlory said:
Gotta be genetic. I drink far too much and practically live on spicy food, never had it in my life. Of course when I was 9 I also ate half an ice cream cake in one sitting. :confused:

well i've never really stopped drinking or eating good food long enough to be sure that's what causes it but that's what i read. thank you aciphex/protonix/prevacid.

In another life, I was a teacher. My second year of teaching I had this kid that would cry about everything. Needless to say, I was a smartass.

One day he comes to school crying his eyes out. Through the sobs, I can understand that he forgot to take his medicine on this particular morning. So, I'm thinking Ritalin and amazed at how well this child does with the medicine that I would hate to see him without it.

Turns out the medicine was Mylanta!!!! Why in the world does a second grader need Mylanta everyday?? Turns out he had a bit of a nervous stomach. I am glad to say that he has grown out of it. He emailed me a couple of years ago to let me know that he had started his own business. He was putting together computer systems for people and also doing computer repairs.