This is exciting!

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥20,400
I found out today my debit card was stolen. I think it was my brother but I'm not sure.

They have been making their car payments on it though. Idiot.

Also ordering auto parts.

I called the bank. Should I completely screw my brother with a class A misdemeanor? Should I try to make a restitution agreement?

Excitement.

How can he conscientiously do that? What a dick.

Can't tell you want to do, but he better start fucking apologizing real quick..

Press as many charges as you can. You're only liable for like $500, the bank will aggressively try and recover their funds. Report it right fucking now.

you better find out the ramifications of letting it slide outside the legal system.

for instance, if you let your 18 yr old kid use your credit card, you can't ever charge them with misuse of it because you've already established allowing them to use it.

close the acct, & think long & hard before you ask them if it was them. You could always just pursue it with the bank & the cops & let the chips fall where they fall. if the cops track it back to your bro's do you 'have' to press charges or no?

Absolutely don't confront anyone. Let the bank handle it 100%.

Edit: I'm telling you this as someone who's worked in banking for over a decade. Let the bank work for you.

Fuck them. There is a point where you should no longer put up with shit, from what I have heard that point was passed long ago

Yeah, if it was me I'd fuck them so hard their head spun. Personal theft in itself is inexcusable, but banking fraud is a whole different matter. Fuck them. Hard. You could likely get them on attempted identity theft if you've got a good lawyer.

Absolutely don't confront anyone. Let the bank handle it 100%.

Edit: I'm telling you this as someone who's worked in banking for over a decade. Let the bank work for you.

will the bank not just say "welp, family member, your problem, shouldnt have left your card around" ?

I found out today my debit card was stolen. I think it was my brother but I'm not sure.

I called the bank. Should I completely screw my brother with a class A misdemeanor? Should I try to make a restitution agreement?

Excitement.

Make a police report so it's on record.

Excitement.

My mother stole my grandmothers identity. Put her 50,000k into debt.

My grandmother did not press charges.

My mother then rang up another 50k and started stealing her RX pills.

If it was me, I would have called the cops.

My mother stole my grandmothers identity. Put her 50,000k into debt.

My grandmother did not press charges.

My mother then rang up another 50k and started stealing her RX pills.

If it was me, I would have called the cops.

Wow your mom sucks.