This is exciting!

My mother stole my grandmothers identity. Put her 50,000k into debt.

My grandmother did not press charges.

My mother then rang up another 50k and started stealing her RX pills.

If it was me, I would have called the cops.

i wonder what causes certain human beings to be awful people. YOu seem ok, it seems your grandma was ok. What happened inbetween with your mom

Fuck them. There is a point where you should no longer put up with shit, from what I have heard that point was passed long ago

I'm with this guy. Welcome mat should have been retracted long ago. Tell him to bounce OR you hold him liable to the charges he deserves. Leverage. Peace of mind.

will the bank not just say "welp, family member, your problem, shouldnt have left your card around" ?
It doesn't matter. Any unauthorized use over the threshold is covered. They'll make you fill out a declaration of loss form for the fraudulent charges and then do an internal process before they refund your monies.

Technically because the card wasn't issued to person who used it, it can be considered identity theft if they portrayed themselves as ZRH.
How do they know that is how it got stolen?
"Hey bank, I have some suspicious charges, I didnt make them, can we get them?"
Exactly. Even ZRH doesn't know 100% it was his bro. He saw some fraudulent charges and reported them, the Bank took action to protect its customer and their assets.

NEVER speculate about anything when you're dealing with a bank about fraud. If they suspect you're trying to pull the wool theyll just close your account and tell you to fuck yourself. It's all in the CAD he was given when he opened the account. It may even have the required process to deal with this in there.

I've reported it to the bank and the car financing company.

My bank is super nice and local. Ive been a customer for over 10 years and never made a claim before. They are helping and said they would cover it back to when they were merged (got merged with another bank a bit ago).

It being bought out by another local bank and is what led to my whole being unable to access my accounts until today. I finally had a car and could finally go into the city and sit down and talk to a branch manager and get all the access stuff figured out. The only way I've been keeping track of it is a spreadsheet of deposits and charges. It's why I couldn't understand why I had A LOT less money than I thought.

I've also told my entire extended family the situation.

ETA: been over 5 months of statements with them. calling it a night.

Last edited:
I found out today my debit card was stolen. I think it was my brother but I'm not sure.

They have been making their car payments on it though. Idiot.

Also ordering auto parts.

I called the bank. Should I completely screw my brother with a class A misdemeanor? Should I try to make a restitution agreement?

Excitement.

You tell everyone here they are wrong and then ask them what you should do in this situation? How about go fuck yourself?

I would jump at the chance for squid pro quo. I am a calamari fiend.

Saw something recently about restaurants replacing your fresh ground with Folgers crystals. They were subbing in pig asshole for calamari and it's virtually indistinguishable. No joke.

Saw something recently about restaurants replacing your fresh ground with Folgers crystals. They were subbing in pig asshole for calamari and it's virtually indistinguishable. No joke.

That came from a FDA report. They said the number was as high as 80% of places use imitation calamari which as you said is the outter ring of the pig anus. They said unless it has the suckers and it's obvious that it's squid it's most likely pig.

wait a sec.

can you legally sell someone calamari, but serve them pig anus? Don't you have to tell people what they are eating. I'd suspect muslims would have a slight problem with this.

You tell everyone here they are wrong and then ask them what you should do in this situation? How about go fuck yourself?
I tell YOU that YOU are wrong. I actually get on with most of the people here. Stop mistaking yourself for everyone.

Last edited: