This is a title.

MOAR MUDKIP!!!!!!!!!!

mudkip.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1ESj7CnIBI&feature=related

wizard-turned-you-mudkip.png

motivator9211584sl7.jpg

Hey, FG, I have a question. If you could build a container that will not expand, bend, or whatever, and filled it to the brim with water and sealed it, and then you tried to freeze the water, would the water freeze? I've been wondering this all day and my tiny mind does not have the knowledge in it to figure out an answer. I also am to lazy to learn enough to determine the answer. Can you help me?

Hey, FG, I have a question. If you could build a container that will not expand, bend, or whatever, and filled it to the brim with water and sealed it, and then you tried to freeze the water, would the water freeze? I've been wondering this all day and my tiny mind does not have the knowledge in it to figure out an answer. I also am to lazy to learn enough to determine the answer. Can you help me?

if you could come up with a container that could not expand or bend or anything, then it wouldn't transfer energy... in other words, there'd be no way to cool down the contents inside becuase the material would insulate it against all temperatures.

The water would turn into quartz.

Whoa!

if you could come up with a container that could not expand or bend or anything, then it wouldn't transfer energy... in other words, there'd be no way to cool down the contents inside becuase the material would insulate it against all temperatures.

How do you figure this?

My assumption was that as the water closes in on the freezing point, the pressure would generate heat and prevent the water from freezing. I was wrong.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/eng99/eng99532.htm

According to this, the pressure only prevents the water from freezing up to a point, then the pressure actually HELPS transform the water. So the answer is that it will indeed freeze. (That is unless FG can Google something better...)