Flaccid Member
Feb 25, 2009
Dallas
Marklar
₥0
http://gizmodo.com/5599552/this-is-a-gun

This is a gun

500x_guncube_01.jpg

This cube may look like hell's version of Jenga, but it's actually an elaborate, 125-piece puzzle. The solution? A single-shot 45-caliber muzzle-loading pistol called the Intimidator. No, seriously. See for yourself.

The Intimidator puzzle, by machinist GarE Maxton, comprises six different kinds of metal: aluminum, brass, bronze, copper, magnesium, and steel. When disassembled, it's an impressive array of pieces:

500x_guncubeinparts.jpg

Not all of those go into the weapon itself, of course. Because the Intimidator's way more than just a gun:

"[It's] a customized set of tools, all necessary hardware, 45 caliber bullets, a standard sight, a laser sight, a canister containing black powder pellets, a secure storage area for 209 shotgun primers, a spent primer removal tool and a ramrod for loading the bullets."

And if you're having a hard time visualizing all of that stuff amidst those parts, here's the finished product for you:

500x_guncubegun.jpg

That's right: not just a gun. A golden gun. Which is fair; after all that hard assembly work you deserve something pretty.

Well, I for one think it is a great idea and concept, beautifully fulfilled, and intelligently designed. It is the thinking man's archaic weapon.

Damn dude... fucking chill. All I did was say that it looked uncomfortable to shoot. You're acting like I broke into your house and sodomized your dog. What the fuck, man?