this is a great restaurant thread

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
if you are looking for nutritional information and can't find it on a restaurant's own page. this lady has spent MANY hours compiling info, and it can be very helpful for diabetics or people wanting to watch their figures.

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html

anyone know of any other helpful restaurant websites?

That's actually really nifty. I've become more conscious of what I've been putting in my body recently. It's not even because I want to watch my weight or have some sort of a medical issue, I just want to feel better. If I see any other places like this I'll post them, but thus far I've been just going to the individual restaurant's website.

1964582d3becc361.gif

Wow, she put a crapton of work into that site.

that's what's so impressive about it. and i went out to eat last night, and i was soooo grateful that she had spent that time and effort just so i would know what to eat. i'm glad others can get use out of it too. (i went to o'charley's last night, and their website doesn't carry the nutritional info like most do.)

This is pretty handy, I've been trying to shave off a few pounds.

maybe you need to be looking at the fattiest, carbiest stuff on the menu. :fly: seriously, i have to watch my carbs now, and to see the carb content on some of these dishes...it's shocking!!

it's kinda neat that they have regional stuff like Newport Creamery and Bill Grays as well as the national chain stuff...however flat information on calories and fat content really doesn't tell the full nutritional story (like sat fat, trans fat, fiber, sugars, etc). it's a good place to start i suppose.

Very cool link! Thanks Thorny!

quite welcome! and seriously, spend some time looking at the restaurants you frequent. some of the meals you thought might not be so bad can be astounding. if you eat out a lot, just being conscious of the meals can be a big difference. that and quitting cokes (at least subbing diet cokes) can make a difference.