Tampa This is a BIG Deal

:lol: i know, right?!

always loved working pinellas county, and especially st pete, cause it was like last call 1:20, music over at 1:40, sometimes home by 2.

back in the days when i spun out in tampa a lot they play right up until 2:55, you're not getting to bed til 4. ugh.

i was always a fan of places that stayed open until 4am at home, but that was in college. now 2 is plenty on a weekend, and if i feel like going later i just bring everyone to my house after.

i will say, a later last call does not bode well for my sailing friends if we revisit st pete. they were in bad enough shape last year with a 2am cutoff. one guy spent all saturday laying down below puking into a bucket. turns out i could have relaxed a bit more at shalimar's house. i was in the best shape of the bunch.

Yeah, the St. Pete places have been pushing for this for a while. They were sick of people jetting over to hillsborough for the later last calls.

Cause Drinking on the Sun Coast is some serious fuckin business.

Remember the last call problem they had in England and how they solved it by allowing pubs to be open 24 hours a day? Turns out that wasn't a good idea.

there are strip clubs in dallas that are open all night. you can take your own liquor in after 2am. saved my ass one night when my ride back to fort worth had departed and i had to kill time before the first train in the morning.

i was always a fan of places that stayed open until 4am at home, but that was in college. now 2 is plenty on a weekend, and if i feel like going later i just bring everyone to my house after.

i will say, a later last call does not bode well for my sailing friends if we revisit st pete. they were in bad enough shape last year with a 2am cutoff. one guy spent all saturday laying down below puking into a bucket. turns out i could have relaxed a bit more at shalimar's house. i was in the best shape of the bunch.

OMG, are you telling me you could've watched MORE eps of Big Brother?!!!

/weaksauce

Yeah, the St. Pete places have been pushing for this for a while. They were sick of people jetting over to hillsborough for the later last calls.

Cause Drinking on the Sun Coast is some serious fuckin business.

I just saw a friend of mine, the head of security at the Venue, on bay news 9 talkin about people driving to tampa just for that extra hour. (obviously we all know nothing good happens after about 2 /chatroullette)

I'd be willing to bet my last dollar that some city council members will be going on a nice vacation courtesy of millionaire jeff Knight, new owner of the Jannus buildings. and I know the marshlacks, who own the bishop complex, have been lobbying hard.