Tampa This is a BIG Deal

Before I retired from club djing, you could work till 6am on a Sunday in Sheffield then another club opened till 10am then you could drive an hour and a half to another gig (Sundissential) that ran from midday till midnight. Happy, and very wealthy days. I would often manage 4 or 5 x 2 hour sets over the Saturday night/Sunday day.

Before I retired from club djing, you could work till 6am on a Sunday in Sheffield then another club opened till 10am then you could drive an hour and a half to another gig (Sundissential) that ran from midday till midnight. Happy, and very wealthy days. I would often manage 4 or 5 x 2 hour sets over the Saturday night/Sunday day.

Jesus Christ thats a lot of coke and/or beans.

A standard club residency would pay £150 to £200 for the night. The money was better as an itinerant as most people wouldn't get as much work. I was lucky as I was the agent so gave myself lots of gigs. Where's the <selfish> smiley? I also got work in major dance clubs (2,000 - 4,000 capacity) so could charge more. I regularly worked with lower paid but far superior jocks.

A standard club residency would pay £150 to £200 for the night. The money was better as an itinerant as most people wouldn't get as much work. I was lucky as I was the agent so gave myself lots of gigs. Where's the <selfish> smiley? I also got work in major dance clubs (2,000 - 4,000 capacity) so could charge more. I regularly worked with lower paid but far superior jocks.

btw, what did you spin? was nemo's mom in the audience?

that's dope.

I started out in the 70's as a soul DJ, didn't play much in the 80s as I didn't like the music, then discovered house in about 1989. Had a period of trance in the mid 90s then played pretty much exclusively funky house/garage till I retired. If I were starting out these days I think I'd be spinning dubstep or drum and bass. I met nemos mum during the 80s when I wasn't playing out. We met over a pool table and the rest is history.

Nemos got a couple of my old pre-club mixes which I think she's planning on sending someone.

I started out in the 70's as a soul DJ, didn't play much in the 80s as I didn't like the music, then discovered house in about 1989. Had a period of trance in the mid 90s then played pretty much exclusively funky house/garage till I retired. If I were starting out these days I think I'd be spinning dubstep or drum and bass. I met nemos mum during the 80s when I wasn't playing out. We met over a pool table and the rest is history.

Nemos got a couple of my old pre-club mixes which I think she's planning on sending someone.

dubstep :drool:

Convert club mix to mp3? Me want