Thinking of Buying a house... again.

I've done 5 of the eight. The plumbing one is BS, worst case you flood your house. The electrical makes more sense but anyone some a little bit of knowledge...

Alot of cities/states/whatever have the deck rule along with the finished basement/demoing walls. I think in my state if you change more than 10% of your floorplan, you need a permit. It's a money making racket that pretty much zero people follow.

BTW, anyone looking for a house these days should read this. Some obvious and some not so obvious stuff here: http://www.fatwallet.com/t/52/814971
that's hilarious, but in this neighborhood it isn't nearly as tight as all that. the guy who lives upstairs from me even considered putting in an offer on my place. i'm doing well to not call them during the waiting period. i want this place.

Wow, that's a great read... and knowing what I know about realtors and negotiating house prices, I seriously think the lowering your price thing would work great.

Yeah, I love the "someone else is bidding on the house" thing. Okay, I retract my bid, call me when it falls through escrow. pwnt

And yeah, those tips will only work in a tight housing market. If that aint where you're buying, don't waste your time reading it. :D

nada. i guess they didn't like my offer. no counter or rejection or anything. maybe i just pissed them off. I'm going to call tomorrow to see what's up.

wow... did not expect such a quick response this late at night.

if the owner has alot of houses like this, might not be his number 1 priority to unload it, or he might be weighing wether or not he can hold onto it for much longer or not. Could also just be making you sweat, hoping you'll come up with a higher offer.

if it's been on the market this long and needs serious work, after you call if they act uninterested just tell them to give you a call if they change their mind, I wouldn't fall into their game and up the offer. If they really wanna sell they'll at least give you a counter offer.

Last edited:
they weren't bluffing. they had three offers in and took one of the other ones. oh well. i'm paying off credit cards and going to keep looking and see if something doesn't fall off the courtroom steps in another couple months.

that stimulus check is definitely going to pay off debt in Canada now. However, that could then mean that the bank in Canada has more money to loan, and as a result some Canadian may buy something using that loan that is imported from the US, thus stimulating this economy. So I don't feel bad.

edit: :(

Last edited:
:(

Well, it's still a buyers market, now you can find somethin in a decent hood that doesn't need so much fixing up.

guess everyones looking for a summer project...