Thinking about getting LASIK done

b_sinning said:
Yep. I'm afraid of getting the doc nicknamed Twitchy that's just found out his wife cheated on him with his brother, hasn't slept in days due to a bad cocaine addiction, and decided to fix all of this with massive amounts of caffine.

Pay attention kids, this is why we don't get surgical procedures performed in the goddamn mall.

Seriously though, it's an awkward and uncomfortable procedure, leaving you pretty much FUBAR for the first afternoon. But for someone like me (that was legally blind in one eye) it was a godsend. I did it once and I would do it again if I had to, which thank god I don't.

I think April's story surrounds more of her malicious murder of the medical staff and subsequent escape from the clinic.

She impaled the receptionist with a tongue depressor on her last pass before absconding with a Pier One jar full of cotton swabs and a copy of the June 1978 issue of Highlights Magazine.

shawndavid said:
I think April's story surrounds more of her malicious murder of the medical staff and subsequent escape from the clinic.

She impaled the receptionist with a tongue depressor on her last pass before absconding with a Pier One jar full of cotton swabs and a copy of the June 1978 issue of Highlights Magazine.

:lol: Good memory!

Galen said:
We still don't know the long term effects of Lasik. Give it another few years.
They've been doing RK since the early 80s, I'd guess most of the problems have been worked out in the last 20+ years...

ceiling fly said:
They've been doing RK since the early 80s, I'd guess most of the problems have been worked out in the last 20+ years...
I know that, but I'd rather see the effects in the long run. I'm sure it's 90% fine, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Lots of money to be made in it though.

ceiling fly said:

They really don't have all the bugs worked out and they make no guarantees about the procedure, it's success, or what will happen to your eyes in 50 years if you have the procedure done. Nobody knows. We presume it will be fine and that at worst the eyes will just deteriorate again. We also presumed that the pill was safe when it first came out and then crazy deformed babies started being born. Unless, like the Reverend, you are already blind, I think it's too big of a risk. That's just my opinion though. Obviously a lot of people don't share it.

Dont do RK. its way outdated. If you go cheap like with the guys who advertise in the paper every sunday its likely what you'll get. the older you get the less they can do, theres a possibility you can fuck your eye up if you put pressure on it while its healing and you'll more than likely get halos at night too. if possible stick with Lasik and PRK.

Also remember you may spend 2-5k on the procedure and still need glasses although obviously not as strong as before.