Think you've seen alot of adware (pics, 56k a-ok)

BigDov said:
Gives him more time to collect the shit I'm guessing.......
No, i mean in real life. Is there an active spyware scanning program that I dont know about, that says resident and is ALWAYS scanning?

fly said:
No, i mean in real life. Is there an active spyware scanning program that I dont know about, that says resident and is ALWAYS scanning?

Oooh gotcha now. I know that you can set up AdAware to run that way, and I would assume that any other scanning program would too. SpyBot has a user-determined scanning profile- I'll check that out tonight and see what it says.

BigDov said:
Clearly I can't speak for shockthemonkey, but I'll just say I'd be lonely :)
you can always speak for me. we think very alike... and i trust you wouldn't say anything bad :)

and jjlady, of course we'd miss you all. i just like joking about how every woman on the internet is really a guy.

...........and to be honest, it's probably the safest approach.

fly said:
Why isn't there a active spyware scanning program like norton av? Why is it something that has to be run once a week? wtf

to get you to buy more software and because the average person would be so annoyed by the barage of warnings that they would turn it off or accept anything anyways. its kind of like when Zone Alarm was new and didnt check for known programs that are ok to let online. ISPs didnt appreciate the calls from people locking down their machines, or calling about non issues. I hated tards that did stuf like "zone alarm told me that iexplore.exe was connecting so I stopped it. and then Internet explorer didnt work so I just went and deleted the folder and now nothing works at all."