things that annoy you, but really shouldn't

traffic james that you get up to and the wrecks ON THE OTHER FREAKIN SIDE OF THE ROAD.
england has that problem solved. as soon as police arrive at the scene of an accident, assuming that no one is injured or once injured people have been taken care of, they put up big portable screens so you can't see the accident. nothing to see means people don't slow down to look.

england has that problem solved. as soon as police arrive at the scene of an accident, assuming that no one is injured or once injured people have been taken care of, they put up big portable screens so you can't see the accident. nothing to see means people don't slow down to look.

I love that. People (At least in my experience driving there) also tend to at least follow the rule of letting faster traffic by, which cuts down on a lot of problems right there.

Uh since when did that ever happen? In my experience of looking at car crashes I've not once seen this. Maybe it's a posh Southern thing. In Wales last year I was in a traffic jam and it was because people slowed down to look at sheep. In Wales. Sheep.

Uh since when did that ever happen? In my experience of looking at car crashes I've not once seen this. Maybe it's a posh Southern thing. In Wales last year I was in a traffic jam and it was because people slowed down to look at sheep. In Wales. Sheep.
those big yellow screens they put up? you've never seen them?

i can't seem to find an image, but i've seen them before. i think they only use them on the highways.

Last edited:
Two weeks in a row at the end of 2008, I saw fatals. Saw the poor people too. One was a Doctor in his porsche, tboned by a pickup. DOI (dead on impact) I drove past the passenger side, door open, body laying on it's side in the drivers seat. Took me a day to find the news article to confirm what I alreay knew.

Then, new years eve, driving to Whiskey North, past an accident right after it happened. Police and Fire had just arrived. 2 cars off to the side, hood first into the fencerow. 2 people obvious shaken up but out of their truck and moving. 1 person laying on the ground about 50 feet away from her car. Tossed during the flip. DOA. Shitty way to start a new years eve but a great reminder to either not drink or take a cab.

Either way, I'm over seeing dead people for a while now.

that's what i heard too. NPR. booksellers are pushing the Sony ebook reader since it's an open platform. The Kindle is even more restrictive than an ipod. You can ONLY put amazon.com books on it, and you can't put amazon.com books on any other device.

That won't last long. (If they intend to actually compete in that niche market.)